2010*zuma

Speaker placement🤔

Just a quickie... Would you alter your speaker placement just from changing your amplifier out if you were happy with the previous amplifier and speaker placement.. 

So if you did all the moving around of the speakers, toe in, distances etc prevoiusly and settled on happy would changing just the amplifier induce needing to go through this again if you felt you wanted more from the amp.... 

thanks in advance

Stay safe, chilled and happy droogs : ) 

Super Wammer

No I wouldn't ordinarily .. but it is possible that a change of amp may have a change in the output from the loudspeakers .. if the old amp was light on bass and you had positioned the speakers to reinforce the bass .. similarly toe in or out and movement for any changes to the upper frequencies.  

Having said all that I have not had an amp that has altered sound in a way that would make me think of trying different positioning.  Having said that I have had the same amp type for the last 40 years lol (I have slotted a fair few friends amps in though) 

• Like 2

Yes I would but I will identify the original placement of speakers so that I could go back to it to see how it would compare with the new speaker placement.

• Upvote 1

I did when I purchased the Leema. Because to room limitations to find the sweet spot I've needed to tweak a little.

I've really struggled to get my speakers to couple to the room. Once done they stay put.  The main criterion is the bass. Unless the new amp has prodigious bass as compared to the previous one, I wouldn't touch the speakers with a pole :)

Posted (edited)

The latest amplifier defiantly has less bass, thanks for all the feedback...all taken on board - a great help will look to make some speaker adjustments this evening whilst making a note of the current positioning....think my speakers are 50kg + each hence my slight hesitation in going straight down the re-adjustment route... Also did wonder too if just swapping the amplifier out would require so.... Interesting... thanks again.. 

Edited by 2010*zuma

Super Wammer

Some good advice above, to which I’d add perhaps waiting a day or two for you to acclimatise to the different presentation.  The excitement of any change can overwhelm our more subtle perceptions, some of which are what distinguishes longer-term satisfaction.  

Meanwhile, if you like the measurement approach as much as listening, then there are several websites with setup tips, such as this...http://www.cardas.com/room_setup_main.php