chris_bates1974

Record Cleaners

Is there any such thing as a record cleaning machine that is less than £400?

I probably could do with one, but firstly don't fancy the faff of the manual cheap ones, and secondly can in no way at all justify £400 for basically (as far as I can tell) a vacuum cleaner on a box.

Surely there is some kind of middle ground?

Or maybe not!

Thanks.

Super Wammer

There are usually some on eBay secondhand. The last time on here I think that the consensus opinion was OkkiNokki. 

Super Wammer

PM spider. Tim    ...he makes an ultrasonic cleaner that does what it sez on the can..I can recommend it..and spider is a gent to deal with

Kindest regards Julian 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, chris_bates1974 said:

Is there any such thing as a record cleaning machine that is less than £400?

I probably could do with one, but firstly don't fancy the faff of the manual cheap ones, and secondly can in no way at all justify £400 for basically (as far as I can tell) a vacuum cleaner on a box.

Surely there is some kind of middle ground?

Or maybe not!

Thanks.

Spider also does a discount for wammers

Kindest regards Julian 

Beat me to it, Spider will knock you one up.

1 minute ago, bigrod said:

Spider also does a discount for wammers

Kindest regards Julian 

Thanks - did message Spider about a year ago - his machine looks great, and he was very good to deal with as you said. Still out of reach for me though...

Super Wammer

I've got a Ronco record cleaner from the 70s..in original box and pink fluid lol..

Apparently this was the upgraded version..

Kindest regards Julian 

20200110_180709.jpg

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Not me selling... but I have this in back and it does as fab job... free delivery and fluid included too :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OKKI-NOKKI-VINYL-LP-VACUUM-RECORD-CLEANING-MACHINE-in-white-w-12-arm-fluid/303512231123

Super Wammer
35 minutes ago, orbscure said:

Not me selling... but I have this in back and it does as fab job... free delivery and fluid included too :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OKKI-NOKKI-VINYL-LP-VACUUM-RECORD-CLEANING-MACHINE-in-white-w-12-arm-fluid/303512231123

I have an Okki - and am very pleased with the results - however an alternative brand new (therefore with a guarantee) is the Project one (which looks to be virtually exactly the same as an Okki) is less than £400 by 1p .. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Ject-VC-S2-ALU-Record-Cleaning-Machine-Vinyl-Cleaner-System/233444394184?_trkparms=aid%3D1110004%26algo%3DSPLICE.COMP%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200220094952%26meid%3Da3beadf963a24d33bbd797dcdb1f4f99%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D303512231123%26itm%3D233444394184%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3Ddefault%26brand%3DPro-Ject&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

If you have a record collection of over 400 lps that is £1 per album to clean your machine (well a bit more cos you need to make up fluid) and that is a bargain of anyone's money.

• Upvote 1

Warning Warning , These machines are noisy , please be aware of this 

Super Wammer
56 minutes ago, Audio Al said:

Warning Warning , These machines are noisy , please be aware of this 

aye they are but no need for ear defenders and not a task to do when you are tying to listen to music.   When I first got mine I spent two or three weeks cleaning my collection of about 1000 lps .. and don't forget to buy new sleeves to put your newly cleaned records in.

I'm another very happy Okki user. Had mine for more years than I can remember and it's had some serious use. I think they normally go for around £200 used, though you might have a wait a while because people do hang on to them.

You could say it's just a vacuum cleaner in a box, but it's obviously a bit more than that, with the motor drive for the platter, etc. Plus of course the vacuum system has to deal with wet stuff. Anyway, have you seen the price of new vacuum cleaners lately?

If you are prepared to do a bit of DIY then it’s possible to put together an ultrasonic machine for around £150. That’s what I did.