Sign in to follow this  
VanDerGraaf

FS- Calyx "The Integrated" dual mono amp/dac

Hi everyone,

I'm putting my Calyx CTI up for sale.

Calyx are a South Korean manufacturer probably most well known for their dacs. Their sleek, powerful integrated dual mono amp has flown under the radar in the UK. I have never seen one for sale in the UK- I had to get mine from Germany. 
It's a beautiful piece of design with a solid aluminium case in half rack size (but full depth). 

49711609068_8cef495956_b.jpg

This amp is driven by 2 B&O IcePower modules offering 200w per channel into 4 ohms and 120 into 8. 
Has the control to deal with most speakers, even the awkward ones.
The front screen shows clearly which input is being used on its display which you can see easily from across a large room. Three line ins and one USB dac in (working up to 24 bit/96Khz).

Build quality is excellent- taking off the top panel you can see how thick the aluminium body is....

49711771363_38397861b8_b.jpg

Very neat work inside too.

49711767878_f305be4768_b.jpg

I have really enjoyed this amp, so easy and flexible to use with a ton of power. The built-in dac is surprisingly decent too!
 I'm on a vintage Japanese kick at the moment so fancy trying something in that direction.

I have the original box and manual, no remote with this one.

Some more pictures below:

49711608858_662e58cf67_b.jpg

49712468367_aaa5ec8d43_b.jpg

49712144676_726c91ba58_b.jpg

Just for scale, you understand.... :p

49712140556_4952567605_b.jpg

A few tiny marks which I will upload photos of shortly but really it's in great condition. Two of them can be seen in picture 5 (at the rear top edge of the unit). The other is on the top panel near the front.

£695 delivered in the UK, by insured courier.
 PM or post on here, thanks.

Super Wammer

That is one of the smartest amps, possibly the smartest amp, I've ever seen. Fabulous.

13 hours ago, TheFlash said:

That is one of the smartest amps, possibly the smartest amp, I've ever seen. Fabulous.

Totally agree.

If that sounds as good as it looks that will be an amazing buy for someone.

• Like 1

WAM NOTICE TO PEOPLE BUYING AND SELLING IN OUR CLASSIFIED SALES DURING COVID-19

We do not condone the buying and selling of equipment during this time of lockdown, it causes the spread of Covid-19 and we hope our members are 'staying at home' as per the government guidelines.  Moderation Team.

The chap is offering postage?

Proper bit of kit that. 

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

We do not condone the buying and selling of equipment during this time of lockdown, it causes the spread of Covid-19 and we hope our members are 'staying at home' as per the government guidelines.  Moderation Team.

Surely you cannot frown upon buying and selling, only on shipping and/or collection. Agreeing to buy/sell something does NOT cause the spread of anything other than joy.

Please clarify your post.

4 hours ago, jkbmusic said:

I have not been aware of any lockdown in selling anything here- I've seen plenty of new things for sale recently. My apologies if I have done something wrong.

On no account would I invite anyone to collect, or encourage any form of personal close contact at this time. It is strictly courier delivery only. If you want to remove the advert please do so.

If you don't want people to accidentally flout your Lockdown rules as I appear to have done, then lock the classifieds altogether. Simple and effective and saves any error.

As per all posts everywhere else. We are taking it under guidance.

Nobody wants to either stop things unnecessarily or on the other hand go against official instructions.

Super Wammer

Buying and selling is not against official instructions. Neither is use of a courier. Collection would be. Anyone suggesting collection should have their collar felt; the rest should not.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Dealer
20 minutes ago, rabski said:

As per all posts everywhere else. We are taking it under guidance.

Nobody wants to either stop things unnecessarily or on the other hand go against official instructions.

What guidance? There are NO official instructions prohibiting the private sale sale of goods or indeed even suggesting that it is restricted.

Has ebay closed down when I wasn't looking? Of course it hasn't. You can bet they have looked at it very carefully though and have taken top advice.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Fourlegs said:

What guidance? There are NO official instructions prohibiting the private sale sale of goods or indeed even suggesting that it is restricted.

Has ebay closed down when I wasn't looking? Of course it hasn't. You can bet they have looked at it very carefully though and have taken top advice.

I thought much the same- if the biggest have found no legal ramifications arising from sending things...

It is positive that the Wigwam team care about their users and their health and safety. I do however feel that if they wanted to reprimand me, a pm would have been a nicer/more appropriate way to do it.

Anyway, perhaps those same mods could tidy up this messy thread for a beautiful amp .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VanDerGraaf said:

I thought much the same- if the biggest have found no legal ramifications arising from sending things...

It is positive that the Wigwam team care about their users and their health and safety. I do however feel that if they wanted to reprimand me, a pm would have been a nicer/more appropriate way to do it.

Anyway, perhaps those same mods could tidy up this messy thread for a beautiful amp .

Wow, what a mess the mods have made of your sales thread. I feel for you, I think you have been an unfortunate experiment in communication!  You’re just trying to sell an amp as permitted legally and by the new courier only rules. If I was you I’d ask to delete this thread and start again. Good luck with the sale! 

Cheers

• Like 1