Sign in to follow this  
Mukiwa

Ekos Mk1 Ground wire issue...

Hi all...I am trying to determine where the Ekos ground wire terminates within the arm...anyone know if it is near the headshell or at the rear within the counter weight balance tube. I have a Linn Ekos Mk1 in perfect condition other than the internal ground wire has a resistance of about 50 ohms from the 5 pin din connector to the casing of the tonearm. I recall seeing another Linn arm, ( I think) possibly an Akito where the ground wire was soldered to a small spring type plate which was simply bent when inserted into the arm tube and the spring tension simply grounded the connection.
Would appreciate any info from someone who has possibly rewired one of these.

That figure is pretty small. Are you sure that you are measuring metal to metal and not to the powder coat on the tonearm. Even measuring to a work part of the headshell might give that sort of reading as it is glued in place.

CJ

Thank you CJ for your prompt response...Yes that reading was in fact from the  din ground pin to the grub screw (bare metal)  just behind the head shell. It would just be open circuit to the powder coat. However, I just did another take on these measurements and as before got the higher reading to the grub screw, but a 1.5 ohm (normal) to the inner fixed vertical housing which accommodates the horizontal bearings. Hence my question as to where the internal ground cable is terminated. Surely Linn would not rely on grounding the arm tube through the bearings and lubrication....or would they ?

Sign in to follow this