Gaz38

Essential jobs and remuneration

27 minutes ago, Monitor Gold Ten said:

Until they start researching the relevant rules and regulations! Then they become a bit scary. I was surprised to see another Whistle blower, actually! Our industry is facing a massive shortage. 

I remember from my time as an Instructor, lots of people thought it would be so easy, anyone could do it. 

If they got through the training and passed their tests, the antisocial and long hours would get them eventually... 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Ignoring the working conditions for now, judging by the standard of driving these days, driving the bus is probably beyond most people 

42 minutes ago, Gaz38 said:

Ignoring the working conditions for now, judging by the standard of driving these days, driving the bus is probably beyond most people 

I'm probably the wrong person to answer this because it is a hobby for me. It pays nicely. I only get out of my box to fight for better when nobody else seems to want to! 

I guess it's like anything really; some colleagues see it as just a job, some have a bit more interest in it. 

I took it too far. As I look around me, I'm surrounded by (albeit ornate) Bus and Coach parts. 

Please don't judge me! 😱🤦‍♂️😂😂😂

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The ferry van sounds like an issue but as for eating lunch in a crowded room I would personally rather eat lunch outside on my own even if it was raining right now. 

I hope your suggestions get listened to and acted on.

I'll find a link or two that I may have contributed to... 😇

https://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/news/croydon-news/accident-fears-croydon-bus-drivers-875712

From a couple of years ago... Notice the writing style of the Go Ahead London Spokesman... 

Edited by Monitor Gold Ten
Links added...

Posted (edited)

Its probably safer closing the door on the bus and eating your dinner alone. Toilet facilities may prove a problem. The trains all seemed to be empty that run nearby to us. I don't think I have seen a passenger on them since the middle of last week.

Edited by Pete the Feet

27 minutes ago, Pete the Feet said:

Its probably safer closing the door on the bus and eating your dinner alone. Toilet facilities may prove a problem. The trains all seemed to be empty that run nearby to us. I don't think I have seen a passenger on them since the middle of last week.

In current conditions that might be preferable however a break should, by law, be taken away from the place of work. 

Posted (edited)

I feel for supermarket checkout staff. I feel every time I go in.

I now try to go in one time a week by having a kind lady in the village who will bring my shopping back in the car. I give the checkout person £10 in coins (they have gloves and can wash coins). It is so little to many. It is special for those lovely people.

Think of them. They get pittance yet have to go in there every day.

Edited by Tune

1 hour ago, Pete the Feet said:

Very few toilet facilities available, I'm afraid. Local Authorities cut back, and these are the first things to go. If we're lucky, we can use Petrol Stations. Obviously, cafés and restaurants are a no no... As you can read here... 

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-no-masks-buses-not-cleaned-and-colleagues-dying-8211-bus-drivers-explain-theyre-all-scared-11968953

Super Wammer

Going in to work over the next couple of days ..I work alone in the  paint factory so nobody to bother me..

I supply a large industrial container manufacturer up to 40cubic m in size..he has received an order for 60 sealable roll on offs..needs an anti corrosive one coat paint urgently..they are for holding millions of disposable hospital PPE items before incineration..

Kindest regards Julian 

• Sad 1