Iceman 16

Pro-Ject Signature 10 turntable

Super Wammer
20 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Expensive then.. also not the one the op has his eye on which is the Signature 10 for 3k new

Sorry I was looking for a t/t for BlackSabbath and in my haste misread the listing. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DomT said:

That’s an Extension 10 NOT Signature 10. It comes with a Cadenza black though

Edited by Iceman 16

Posted (edited)

Super Wammer
14 minutes ago, Iceman 16 said:

Acoustic solid .. top engineering. Good price, shame about the tonearm as it’s a std Rega RB 300. You could sell the arm and get an Audiomods Classic lll which is what I have. £200 or so for the Rega and then only need £395 for the classic and you will have a brilliant deck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Acoustic solid .. top engineering. Good price, shame about the tonearm as it’s a std Rega RB 300. You could sell the arm and get an Audiomods Classic lll which is what I have. £200 or so for the Rega and then only need £395 for the classic and you will have a brilliant deck

Yep the arm puts me off.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ian said:

That is a stone wall bargain😁 Although read the review from a disgruntled buyer, guess he won’t be buying another! Best lob mine in the skip and start again🙈

Edited by BruceFlea

Super Wammer
14 minutes ago, BruceFlea said:

That is a stone wall bargain😁

Was 😜

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Iceman 16 said:

Wish they would veneer the sides , don't like that DIY look .

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

Wish they would veneer the sides , don't like that DIY look .

I agree. If it has same wood finish like the Project sig. Im sold:D

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Iceman 16 said:

Yep the arm puts me off.

Bear in mind that a bog standard Rega can be improved with the Origin Live counterweight & stub and a re-wire (shameless plug for OL - only because they are just down the road from where I live and I like supporting smaller businesses! And I've always had great service form Mark et al over the years). I had an RB-600 modified with their counterweight years ago and it did improve things - difficult to put my finger on it but there was a bit less.... "fug", shall we say, and I felt a bit more solidity. Not sure if that was actually to do with bass weight, or some other psychological factor but I felt it was a worthwhile mod anyway. Although I'm led to believe that the RB250 is actually the one to go for if you want to mod one - not sure why that would be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jules_S said:

Although I'm led to believe that the RB250 is actually the one to go for if you want to mod one - not sure why that would be.

Yes I've read that numerous times never knew why , my deck has a Moth branded RB250 , all I've done is put a Techno weight on it .

• Upvote 1

I really don't know how much a VPI prime costs in the  UK as of now. But with such a big budget I would have it under my radar all the same :)

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I forgot to mention this earlier but both myself & Robin (wizmax) have heard Nic's (BruceFlea) Project & mighty fine it was too, struck me as being very solidly well built & a quality finish, had great timing & sounded authoritative & beefy in a good way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1