Having moved from a Pre-DAC to a lavardin pre, I am currently streaming/decoding from a Sonos connect(legacy product) analogue output to pre-amp. I mainly stream Flac files from NAS and use Spotify connect, and having moved away from pre-DAC(Cyrus xp+), there has been a significant drop in sound quality.

I would prefer a one box solution DAC/streamer with a budget of about £1000. I was looking at the Bluesound Vault 2i, as this would allow me to rip my CDs to the internal 2tb storage. This would decode up to 24/192 kHz, but will that be future proof enough or do I need to consider DSD? 

The rest of my system consists of Michell Gyro Se, puresound P10,  Lavardin C42, pair of Cyrus APA 7.5's and Focal 816v speakers. 

I would appreciate thoughts on moving  forward, many thanks in advance.

A little over budget but certainly up there SQ wise is the Teac NT-505. It is powered by Lumin software and has an excellent control app. Alternatively the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 is getting good things said about it.

A little over budget but certainly up there SQ wise is the Teac NT-505. It is powered by Lumin software and has an excellent control app. Alternatively the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 is getting good things said about it.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at your suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk