plasticpenguin

What has the biggest impact on sound:...

RCA interconnects or speaker cables?

Not changed my interconnects since 2008(ish), they are Merlin Chopin from amp to CDP. The rest are budget Chord.

Well, I'd have to say...... electricity!

If it's not there - you don't have any sound!

Sent from my K3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

It will depend on your mood and if your excited or depressed. 

I wont bother saying try blindfold

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Dealers always told me interconnects then speaker cable. Never tested the advice just accepted it.

I can only vouch for what has worked in my room. I have some stupidly expensive hiend master class speaker cables which sadly did nothing. I then changed to transparent music link z plus biwires and it made a tremendous improvement in my system. The treble which was previously ragged , became really smooth. 

I also replaced some stupidly expensive Hifidelity RCA with transparent music links and again found a big difference. So I can completely endorse transparent music links for a try. 

Super Wammer
28 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

So I can completely endorse transparent music links for a try. 

The cheque will be in the post :) 

• Haha 3

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, plasticpenguin said:

RCA interconnects or speaker cables?

Not changed my interconnects since 2008(ish), they are Merlin Chopin from amp to CDP. The rest are budget Chord.

I’m not sure which has the biggest impact, as it depends on the system. I had a pair of Audiostatic DCI electrostatics once and the bass was really boomy with the silver cables that the dealer supplied with them. I bought a pair of Nordost Red Dawn and it got the bass boom under control and transformed the sound, and so in that circumstance the speaker cables made the largest difference.

If you want to have a certain sound then it’s a good idea to have the same make for both interconnects and speaker cables. I use Duelund for both as I want that ‘vintage tone’ sound that they give.

Edited by rdale

From a technical perspective I'd say speaker cables. Since the low impedance of speaker loads will make the electrical characteristics of speaker cables comparatively more significant than any interconnect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

From a technical perspective I'd say speaker cables. Since the low impedance of speaker loads will make the electrical characteristics of speaker cables comparatively more significant than any interconnect.

Hi MartinC

Thanks for sharing the above . It definitely makes sense. Thanks :)

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

IMHO, 🍺🍺, 🍷🍷

Edited by marko
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, tIANcI said:

Your bank balance 😬

I don't buy that... (see what I did there...?) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

Isn't it the other way round?  Capacitance. for example, seriously affecting ICs, particularly from cartridges?  I'm too busy to Google it for myself. :rofl:

• Like 1

Marko - I see yours, and raise you.....Marihuana.