vinyl4ever

4 way speaker amps / receivers

As someone who loves the 70s Hifi equipment (TTs / amps & receivers) my question is would anyone bother two connect both sets of speakers outlets up for ither tham being able to swap speakers from A>B. TBH i see little point of have 4 speakers in 4 corners in a 2ch system but I bow to others experience and dont mind being proved wrong.

Stewart

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, vinyl4ever said:

As someone who loves the 70s Hifi equipment (TTs / amps & receivers) my question is would anyone bother two connect both sets of speakers outlets up for ither tham being able to swap speakers from A>B. TBH i see little point of have 4 speakers in 4 corners in a 2ch system but I bow to others experience and dont mind being proved wrong.

Stewart

Only in different rooms.

Get a pair of 70s vintage 4 way speakers..

Like their flagship 730s..

Give a lot , a run for their money today..

Kindest regards Julian 

Super Wammer

If you can do A+B and your speakers have separate LF and HF terminals then you can bi-wire the speakers with 4 core (2x2) cable.

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

Back then the marketing implied a lesser set of speakers in another room.  A/B switching definitely isn’t helpful because two different models are very unlikely to have the same sensitivity.  And that difference will stand out!

Edited by Nopiano

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Radioham said:

If you can do A+B and your speakers have separate LF and HF terminals then you can bi-wire the speakers with 4 core (2x2) cable.

Yes, on the majority of amps, where A+B are in parallel.

To prevent too much impedance drop, a few amps switched A+B in series, which obviously would rule it out.

Edited by Gray

Hi there
Yes the Rec will do A+B switching and my KEFs are able to be Bi Wired. Never done this on old amps so need to google it.
Thanks for the advice

Stewart