DomT

Please recommend me some speaker cables

9 hours ago, Nopiano said:

What speaker cables will you be using, as if you’re going for broke you may as well choose the same?

Hi sir :)

Iam presently using transparent music links z plus biwire cables for mids and treble. Bass is handled by a pair of highend masterclass cables. 

The designer of the speakers has also made DIY cables for the speakers, supposed to be the same material as internal wiring OFC copper, but construction it seems is different. 

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Save the money and put it towards better drivers, caps or components or whatever. Personally think it's a bad idea wiring them internally with external speaker cable. 

Literally just throwing money into the wind. 

Thanks sir :)

The drivers and caps used are all of decent quality. Only the wiring used for the internal connection is off the shelf OFC. So was wondering if this was the weakest link in the speakers right now. 

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, newlash09 said:

Hi sir :)

Iam presently using transparent music links z plus biwire cables for mids and treble. Bass is handled by a pair of highend masterclass cables. 

The designer of the speakers has also made DIY cables for the speakers, supposed to be the same material as internal wiring OFC copper, but construction it seems is different. 

Oh, I’m not sure that Transparent sell unterminated wire, and even if they did it would be costly.  I honestly wouldn’t worry too much about internal wire, as most designers value flexibility above all else.  I suppose it doesn’t matter how good it sounds if you can’t build it without the joins failing!

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 15:09, ljcarr said:

Tellurium Q everyday, it’s the only cable I’ve ever heard a clear difference 👍🏻

+1

Tellurium Q Black 2 with links. innocuous looking but mighty effective.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Oh, I’m not sure that Transparent sell unterminated wire, and even if they did it would be costly.  I honestly wouldn’t worry too much about internal wire, as most designers value flexibility above all else.  I suppose it doesn’t matter how good it sounds if you can’t build it without the joins failing!

Thanks sir...I was just wondering if I can cut open the transparent music links, and use the inside cables for the internal wiring, as it will not entail any additional expenditure. 

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Thanks sir...I was just wondering if I can cut open the transparent music links, and use the inside cables for the internal wiring, as it will not entail any additional expenditure. 

Physically I’m sure that’s possible, but it might be too stiff to handle easily, and I always thought that a main design benefit of Transparent is the balancing boxes they fit.  However, I see from their website that they sell custom components too, so I’d suggest emailing them. I remember years ago they recommended some interconnect cables for my system, when I had their xlr and speaker cables, now sold. 
https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/custom-diy

Edited by Nopiano
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nopiano said:

Physically I’m sure that’s possible, but it might be too stiff to handle easily, and I always thought that a main design benefit of Transparent is the balancing boxes they fit.  However, I see from their website that they sell custom components too, so I’d suggest emailing them. I remember years ago they recommended some interconnect cables for my system, when I had their xlr and speaker cables, now sold. 
https://www.transparentcable.com/collections/custom-diy

Thanks a ton for the link sir :)

Just what I was looking for..And seems to be priced reasonably too :)

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, newlash09 said:

Thanks a ton for the link sir :)

Just what I was looking for..And seems to be priced reasonably too :)

You are most welcome, my friend.  And apologies to DomT for hijacking his thread - though he’s made his decision!

• Like 1

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, Nopiano said:

You are most welcome, my friend.  And apologies to DomT for hijacking his thread - though he’s made his decision!

Hijack away my friend no apology needed. And there may even be a surprise ending for me but you guys will have to wait a few days to find out. 

• Haha 1

Many years ago, I found Atlas Hyper 3 overblown in the bass. I tried them, sold them quickly. They might be better in your system. All components are system dependent. What works best in his system does not work as good in her system.

If I see one more cable recommendation thread I'm going to buy 3mtrs of Kimber select and hang myself with it 

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
13 hours ago, kernow said:

If I see one more cable recommendation thread I'm going to buy 3mtrs of Kimber select and hang myself with it 

Nahh, the Kimber 8TC is better. Construction is similar to rope so easier to construct a proper noose. 

• Like 2

Super Wammer
16 hours ago, kernow said:

Must be really frustrating being on a hifi forum and reading about people asking advice for hifi equipment. This forum is a bit like anything else in life; just skip the bits you don’t like. I mean it’s not as though you buy everything in the cereal isle at the supermarket is it? Imagine having to eat all of those slogans in the morning. Just stick to speakers and toast!

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Nahh, the Kimber 8TC is better. Construction is similar to rope so easier to construct a proper noose. 

More headroom?

• Haha 2