Anyone know what is happening at Hifi Pig?  I went to their web page and go an Account Suspended message. I got on quite well with the guys at Bristol this year but this message looks serious. https://hifipig.com

Super Wammer

Unusual.... no other message either. 

Super Wammer

Their Facebook page shows activity on 2nd April . . .

https://www.facebook.com/HifiPig/

• Like 1

Maybe they need to put a shilling in the meter

• Haha 1

Looking at Domain Information, I notice that in the status 'clientRenewProhibited' entry. That would tend to indicate some kind of ongoing dispute with the Registrar, perhaps payment related?

Oh dear - nice folks, I hope they're OK.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, simon g said:

Looking at Domain Information, I notice that in the status 'clientRenewProhibited' entry. That would tend to indicate some kind of ongoing dispute with the Registrar, perhaps payment related?

Not necessarily.

It means that the renewal cannot be external. In other words, the client has to do the renewal via the domain registrar. It's registered through godaddy, who seem to do this, though it's not unique. Client transfer, client update, client delete and client renew are all locked. basically, it means you're tied into godaddy for everything, including domain renewals, and it's very difficult to move the domain to another hosting company. The expiry date shows as February 2021, so it was renewed a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

It will be a minor technical issue - hosting for a small site like that is peanuts.

Odds on they'll be back up by the end of today.

2 hours ago, George 47 said:

Anyone know what is happening at Hifi Pig?  I went to their web page and go an Account Suspended message. I got on quite well with the guys at Bristol this year but this message looks serious. https://hifipig.com

It was offline last night, same message.

I doubt it's financial. Much more likely to be a security/hacking issue, in which case it'll likely have triggered an automatic shutdown.

IIRC HFP runs on WordPress, which unless it's kept up to date with security patches – including those for third-party plug-ins/scripts etc – has multiple vulnerabilities. If the hosting company has shut it down on that basis, HFP will have to change all passwords for datases, FTP, mail servers etc, then ensure their WP install and all component parts is up to date, then restore content from a known 'clean' database - assuming such a thing exists.

That process could easily take a couple of days or more.

• Upvote 2

Just checked it and it appears to be working fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Yep Stuart and Linette are back. Phew!!!