Monitor Gold Ten

Boris taken to intensive care

Posted (edited)

Could we possibly show the same sensitivity to the thousands of citizens and family members who have been needlessly forced to suffer and grieve over recent years?

We should grieve and feel compassion for all those at risk or who suffer needlessly. The shame is that many make decisions without a thought for most of them. Now suddenly they are overwhelmed with compassion?

As I say, I hope the man does not suffer in anyway - no man deserves that. I do wish the public and the media would look at their personal consistency with regards to compassion for fellow human beings - particularly if deciding that they have the moral authority to criticise the opinions of others :) 

Edited by Tune
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Honest opinions (forcing people think on a greater than superficial level) are always difficult for some Martin. I'm thinking that's what forums are for - an exchange of non insulting opinions? No?

Forum. Noun. "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Echo Chamber. Noun. "an environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered."

It is my profound hope that moderators will consider "The Wam Forum" to be the former as suggested in the title :) 

Edited by Tune

49 minutes ago, Tune said:

Could we possibly show the same sensitivity to the thousands of citizens and family members who have been needlessly forced to suffer and grieve over recent years?

Of course but this thread is about Boris Johnson , so maybe start a new thread and keep this one on track .

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tune said:

We should grieve and feel compassion for all those at risk or who suffer needlessly. The shame is that many make decisions without a thought for most of them. Now suddenly they are overwhelmed with compassion?

As I say, I hope the man does not suffer in anyway - no man deserves that. I do wish the public and the media would look at their personal consistency with regards to compassion for fellow human beings - particularly if deciding that they have the moral authority to criticise the opinions of others :) 

Of course we can, you're absolutely correct 

You name somebody we all know and we'll do as you ask

Is that fair enough? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gaz38 said:

Of course we can, you're absolutely correct 

Why not name somebody we all know, start a thread about them and we'll do as you ask

Is that fair enough? 

Fixt. 😉😉😉

• Like 1

Super Wammer

I guarantee if Boris survives this we will have a National Health Service that will be the envy of the world ..if it isn't already..He  wouldn't  dare do anything else.. 

C'mon Boris ,,this is your Waterloo...

Kindest regards Julian 

• Like 2

My fingers are crossed for Boris.

Does his girlfriend have the virus?

Posted (edited)

yes and she is pregnant 

Edited by hifinutt
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes and she is pregnant 

Are you sure? I don't remember seeing that reported.

Edited by MartinC

Yes it was on the news last night and in the BBC website on Boris condition 

Just now, BeeRay said:

She has had the symptoms, not sure she has tested positive though.

Yeah, I think that's right: symptoms but not tested so we can't be certain (and probably why it hadn't been more prominently reported). Sounds like she is through the worst though thankfully:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/04/carrie-symonds-recovering-from-coronavirus

When Brexit went through by second vote Boris Johnson was not my favourite politician .  However when this Coronavirus emerged I noticed how he has changed slightly his own approach, gone was that silly bluster which was so annoying on Brexit issues, he tackled the situation head on and has no no nonsense approach to advise the public.  I pray that he will stabilise and pull through and take up the helm.

21 hours ago, hifinutt said:

yes and she is pregnant 

And every sympathy to his wife, the divorce not yet being finalised, and the four children she had by him.