Ooh, no

https://hifipig.com/russ-andrews-launches-the-network-switch/

On hifi pig too! 

Old foo peddler is back 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Lord help me, for I am afflicted with undamped ethernet ports...

Apparently, they 'tested many switches from different brands and at different price points'.

Astonishingly, the conclusion appears to be that none of the switches tested was nearly expensive enough.

Thankfully, that problem is now solved.

Phew, what a relief.

Edited by horace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Upvote 2

Vibration damped RJ45 ports

Or maybe electronically damped? 

I really don't get it, these people surely know how TCP/IP works and I just cannot understand how there's any difference to be made with audio? What about 8k broadcasting over IP? That has no problems with micro timing issues and whatever symptoms they've made up. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Well, that's just silly!

I laughed when I saw the price of £989 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kernow said:

Vibration damped RJ45 ports

Or maybe electronically damped? 

I really don't get it, these people surely know how TCP/IP works and I just cannot understand how there's any difference to be made with audio? What about 8k broadcasting over IP? That has no problems with micro timing issues and whatever symptoms they've made up. 

Trouble is a lot don't have a clue. When you have people streaming movies around the same home network system that carries audio messing around with stuff like this because of the ''invented'' problems with audio. Not a clue that compared to movies the audio side is much less demanding of the infrastructure. I am sorry to say that the gullibility of some audiophiles just beggars belief.   You then look at an alternate thread and find people bitching about the cost of a lump of software like roon. I just have to laugh at the contrast. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

If there was a genuine loss or corruption of data issue with network switches then the whole World Wide Web would be in a problem and this would mean posts on here would be affected - people might type that "cables do make a difference"  but data corruption causes us to read cables don't make a difference" ........

OMG it is happening ....I need to speak to Russ and order one ASAP :rofl:

Edited by MF 1000
  • Haha 5

£989. That’s just absolute madness.

Iam sure Mr.russ got the idea seeing that the uptone etherregen is sold out at USD 640 :D

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/etherregen

Super Wammer
59 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

You then look at an alternate thread and find people bitching about the cost of a lump of software like roon. I just have to laugh at the contrast. 

you mean Roon makes a difference to your experience and this ***** of **** doesn't hence the price to help you believe :) 

Super Wammer
36 minutes ago, dari said:

there's seems to be no end to lots of madness

I ONCE bought a couple of hinges from there for a good price (they don't stock them anymore), so now I get their magazine, usually arrives on my birthday and so I can have a read and a right good laugh, roll on September

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Maverick said:

you mean Roon makes a difference to your experience and this ***** of **** doesn't hence the price to help you believe :) 

Yes, Roon makes it easier, these bloody boxes make some one richer

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Simple really, a little market research easily identifies a target market of people who believe spending 10,000s on bits of wire and 1000s on electric plugs does more than change the sound a little,,,, yep folks people like you and me are to blame for bullshit like this

Edited by stevebrown
  • Upvote 1