kernow

Ooh, no

16 minutes ago, mentt said:

I will not comment about this network switch as I did not demo it(in general we should not comment about something we have no personal experience), but I can confirm that when I stopped using NAS and just used USB SSD disk as music storage result sound is better 

I've got twenty years of network engineer experience mate 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

With all due respect but sorry, wrong, we are talking science, and specifically maths here. This is well understood, experience is not relevant in TCP/IP matters.

With all due respect we are not talking about science, just hifi which is just hobby. Demo the component and if you don’t hear any added value return it and be just done with it. Saying something can’t work without actually using it first have no value for anyone 

You're completely right

It definitely has no value to anyone

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, kernow said:

I've got twenty years of network engineer experience mate 

Congrats, but still prefer opinion of someone who spent some time with the actual product 

Super Dealer

Super Wammer
6 minutes ago, mentt said:

With all due respect we are not talking about science, just hifi which is just hobby. Demo the component and if you don’t hear any added value return it and be just done with it. Saying something can’t work without actually using it first have no value for anyone 

we ARE talking about science & maths because that's what TCP/IP is based on, I'm sure it might work (even if it breaks one of the standards in some way) but it can be no 'better' in the digital domain

do you also believe that "great minds" can engineer a back door into encryption that only good guys can use? ;) 

• Upvote 2

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, PuritéAudio said:

perfect Keith, thanks

</argument>

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mentt said:

One of the values of scientific/technical knowledge is that it allows us to work out what will happen in many situations without needing to try them. I have for example never tried jumping off a cliff to see if I can fly but I am certain that I can't.

I know nothing about Ethernet switches though :).

Edited by MartinC
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maverick said:

we ARE talking about science & maths because that's what TCP/IP is based on, I'm sure it might work (even if it breaks one of the standards in some way) but it can be no 'better' in the digital domain

do you also believe that "great minds" can engineer a back door into encryption that only good guys can use? ;) 

Only what you can confirm with your ears counts 

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

One of the values of scientific/technical knowledge is that it allows us to work out what will happen in many situations without needing to try them. I have for example never tried jumping off a cliff to see if I can fly but I am certain that I can't.

I know nothing about Ethernet switches though :).

The basic idea of hifi is to try things and decide what you like(as you are paying for those components in the end)

Just now, mentt said:

The basic idea of hifi is to try things and decide what you like(as you are paying for those components in the end)

Your basic idea, maybe.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Your basic idea, maybe.

And what is your basic idea about hifi? Deciding and commenting about component quality without actually hearing it?

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, kernow said:

https://hifipig.com/russ-andrews-launches-the-network-switch/

On hifi pig too! 

Old foo peddler is back 

I posted about it here on 2 April!  
https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/135612-ethernet-switch-benefits/page/6/

It would be easy to test it versus a plain piece of Ethernet cable. 

Edited by Nopiano
  • Upvote 1