Sign in to follow this  
Ears

The Totally Nice Thread Mk.II

From BBC news this morning:

Posted at 10:3410:34

101-year-old makes full recovery

The news at the moment is often grim. We're well aware. So hopefully this update will make you smile.

A 101-year-old man who tested positive for coronavirus has returned home from hospital after making a full recovery.

Keith Watson, from Worcestershire, was initially admitted for surgery on his leg following a fall and was tested for Covid-19 after developing a high temperature.

"Having gone in for the operation is one thing and then when we learned he tested positive we were thinking the worst," said his daughter-in-law, Jo Watson. "He's amazing for his age."

Mrs Watson said her father-in-law had gone back to his care home after spending two weeks in hospital and is "complaining about the pain in his leg", but "not anything else".

A Facebook post from Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust with Mr Watson has since been shared more than 3,000 times.

Social embed from facebook

• Like 1

Nice to see the return of the Totally Nice Thread. It makes me feel nice. Also, the people of New Addington are taking head of Lockdown. Which is also nice. 👍👌

• Upvote 1

yes , its wonderful to read positive news 

A baby panda may have been conceived at Ocean Park in Hong Kong while the zoo is in lockdown due to coronavirus.

Two resident pandas, Ying Ying and Le Le, managed to successfully mate on Monday morning - and they've been struggling for a while.

The zoo says the pandas have been making attempts since 2010 with little success, but managed to succeed through "years of trial and learning".

With Ocean Park closed to the public, the pair made the most of the privacy.

Michael Boos, the executive director of conservation at Ocean Park says staff at the park are excited by the prospect of a baby panda.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-52204078

• Like 3

This is nice, both the 'main story' and the last line:

BBC News Posted at 11:2611:26

Army veteran's NHS fundraising total passes £5m

Video content

Video caption: Coronavirus: War veteran raises millions for nurses who 'deserve every penny'Coronavirus: War veteran raises millions for nurses who 'deserve every penny'

A 99-year-old army veteran who aimed to raise £1,000 by doing 100 laps of his garden has now seen his target surpass £5m.

Tom Moore began raising funds to thank the "magnificent" NHS staff who helped him with treatment for cancer and a broken hip.

He had completed his challenge at his home in Bedfordshire by Thursday and described the donations as "completely out of this world".

"Every penny that we get, they [the NHS] deserve every one of it," he said.

Health officials said the money would go to support NHS staff on the front line.

Meanwhile, an eight-year-old girl has started a campaign for children to make virtual cards for his 100th birthday in a few weeks' time.

• Like 1

yes and an amazing Roma guy on the Gypsy programme last night , who whizzed about on his scateboard with such a positive attitude ... what an amazing guy , very humbling i must say 

https://youtu.be/2HwVCBEd9vE

Now for something completely different. Well actually I posted it a while ago but I thought that we all needed cheering up. Stick with it until the end as the build up to the grand finale is really quite something to behold.

4 hours ago, Pete the Feet said:

Now for something completely different. Well actually I posted it a while ago but I thought that we all needed cheering up. Stick with it until the end as the build up to the grand finale is really quite something to behold.

Well that's another 2min out of my life wasted that I will never get back (includes 10sec for the posting).

• Haha 1

boiler packed up sunday , phone call to vaillant 0900 monday am  , fixed by 11 am ..... how`s that for service !!! wow 

• Like 3

Its good to see that people can take time for others in between blowjobs:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-52472758