toms wait

Wanted speaker cable 2 x 4m not biwire

Bite the bullet and enter the doesn't make a difference fray.............here goes

I have had Van den hul CS122 cables forever and fancy a change to fill out bass and soundstage.

I need at least 2 x 4m or 2m + 4m would do the job.  Please no Chord, tellurium, nordost, DNM or QED, been there and found them too bright.

Something like Furutech, other VDH, audio note, solid core like LFD, what have you.  Up to £400-500.

Terminated or not doesn't matter.  Post/courier to Lancaster.

Super Wammer
10 minutes ago, toms wait said:

Bite the bullet and enter the doesn't make a difference fray.............here goes

I have had Van den hul CS122 cables forever and fancy a change to fill out bass and soundstage.

I need at least 2 x 4m or 2m + 4m would do the job.  Please no Chord, tellurium, nordost, DNM or QED, been there and found them too bright.

Something like Furutech, other VDH, audio note, solid core like LFD, what have you.  Up to £400-500.

Terminated or not doesn't matter.  Post/courier to Lancaster.

Have you tried any Duelund cables such as DCA16GA? They are less bright than Nordost, but major on tone and timbre rather than soundstage. A stereo pair of 4m would be about 160 pounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rdale said:

Have you tried any Duelund cables such as DCA16GA? They are less bright than Nordost, but major on tone and timbre rather than soundstage. A stereo pair of 4m would be about 160 pounds.

No haven't tried those.  Will have a browse about.  Just seeing what people have they might part with.

In the past I have had CS122 twice, LFD solid core sold on a whim, AN-B, QED silver anniversary, low end Nordost and some early Chords this over about 30 years.

Has anyone had, got or heard Abbey Road Reference speaker cable.

My instinct is being a pro cable it will be relentlessly revealing of upstream components and hard to live with.

Or it will be absolutely the mutts nutts.

Super Wammer
4 minutes ago, toms wait said:

Has anyone had, got or heard Abbey Road Reference speaker cable.

My instinct is being a pro cable it will be relentlessly revealing of upstream components and hard to live with.

Or it will be absolutely the mutts nutts.

I’ve got one of the interconnects.. preferred it to my Transparent ones on my phonostage.. they don’t look much but definitely not relentlessly revealing 

If they are good on a phono with small signals and not buggering things up then I imagine they must be pretty neutral.

More so than my VDH, my TT arm has cardas so in that league.

Super Wammer

I see someone is selling a roll of the speaker cable on eBay £50 a metre. That’s half the original price 

I'm swapping emails with him at present, he has a 4m pair with banana plugs that is tempting.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Try Electrofludics 20/20 , Townshend Isolda or Goertz , all of these should work well with your audio innovations amp and the H6 speakers.

The Townshend would be my choice.

Edited by Hap Hazzard

I'll have a look through ebay and others.

Hi,

I am just putting up for sale, a 4m pair of Townshend audio Isolda (Latest spec) speaker cable.

looking for £550 which is less then half price of new.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4.1m pair of NACA5 with bananas at the amp end and snipped off at the speaker end. PM if you’re interested.

I have been messing with my listening room, sounds posh, front room of our house!

Now I need less cable so lengths I was previously after will be too long.

So I'm going to leave it until I am happy with new layout and then look.

Still messing, what else to do locked in.

But thanks for watching and goodnight.