How can I child proof my Linn hifi & LP12?

Hi, bit of a weird question - my 2 year old son has shown a developing tendency to destruction and I am terrified of his eyes and hands alighting on my kit 😟 Although I will have a lid on my LP12 (when I get it), is there any way of locking this? Also the rest of the kit on a hifi rack - is there any way of protecting this?

Put the LP12 on a wall shelf?

Edited by DebsE

Just like the  Corona virus,  he needs to keep a distance of at least 2 meters.

If it is not possible for him to stay out of the stereo room, perhaps some kind of barrier to prevent him from getting near the HiFi. 

I shall dip into the Linn section temporarily as this advice applies to all hifi lovers.

You just need to enlighten the little cherub on the facts that "touch that and Santa doesn't come".

😂😂😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stad said:

Hi, bit of a weird question - my 2 year old son has shown a developing tendency to destruction and I am terrified of his eyes and hands alighting on my kit 😟 Although I will have a lid on my LP12 (when I get it), is there any way of locking this? Also the rest of the kit on a hifi rack - is there any way of protecting this?

been there :) got rid almost all of the components and bought ATC40 actives ( preamp and dac landed behind plexiglass sheet).. they didn't work great in our living but that's a different story. 

How about something like that?

F4ED59E6-307A-4930-AC82-230EEF4A6E0B.jpeg.0e45827c5e40f701b9808b1d6c1fef9a.jpeg

I changed my my passive speakers to Exakt one. Some years I managed to kill an amp with active cards inside, cause I fumbled at my speaker cable while the amps were on. One time was enough. The Lp12 is placed on an old Audiotech wallmount, now. Better sound and safer place. I think the KEDSM and the Klimax Radikal isn‘t at high risk.

Meanwhile my 3 year old daughter is the biggest guard of my Linn system and records. When we get a visit she always says first:    “Don‘t touch Dads hifi equipment and records, it‘s forbidden!“ 😅😘

Edited by DB1328
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you nuts? 😉Linn without Lp 12 isn‘t the same. Much better source than anything else. Can‘t sell my Klimax one...and not at all after my  Karousel was installed. 

13 hours ago, Stad said:

I have a little girl who is just under 3. I’ve always made a point of telling her not to touch my system, but also showing her what I do to make the music come on. I also made a point of saying the stylus was really sharp, and that particularly seemed to do it and is something she’s repeated to me before - telling me to be careful!

The only incident we’ve had (so far) is her cranking up the volume dial which incidentally scared her to death so maybe that also helped in a way.

I know boys can be more destructive, so best of luck! But I wouldn’t worry too much. As long as you don’t have an MC cart it could just be the case of the odd stylus replacement.

So your wall is a dry lined external wall, then put a shelf up, Done it loads of times.  Or a tall rack, simple. 

Edited by 9designs

All 3 of my kids were just told to not touch the hifi - it cost a lot of money so please don't touch it. Not one of them ever touched it.

Not sure why some people have a fear of telling their kids not to touch things. You manage to tell them not to steal, not to swear, not to be nasty, not to hurt someone so just add the hifi to list.

• Like 1