Any advice on who this is would be appreciated .🙂

Posted (edited)

The Jelco's another that would require new arm board,  not an impossible task,  but adds to the overall costs.

No-ones mentioned Audiomods arms.  I had a Series V and it was a favourite for a long time.  The classic series crop up around £400.

FWIW,  I sold my Audionote One V2 for £420 couple of years ago.

I've never owned OL arms,  but they are Rega fit too.

edit,  off the wall suggestion again on reputation,  Manticore Musician,  may be Linn fit though,  and the one I thought about is no longer there...

Edited by divedeepdog
  • Upvote 1

Btw, You won't have any problem selling your rb250 arm on the Wam or AOS particularly as it is rewired and has a decent CW.

I have never changed tonearm before but did notice a difference between my basic RB250 and my Origin live rewired and counter weighted RB250.

Hopefully if I move up to a better quality arm I will be able to tell and will use my TT as much as my CD transport and Streamer. I have a lot of lps going back 45 years. 🙂

On 15/04/2020 at 22:55, graham67 said:

The v1 is an upgraded rega arm so probably similar to what you already have now.

However the V2 as an entirely different design and a truly excellent arm.  The only difference between the one two and three is the quality of the cable and a considerable cost.  Having said that I upgraded from the arm 1v2 to the arm 3 V2 and have no regrets as it is noticeably better.

Same here, following Graham67's advice and a few others, that said the Arm1 v2 for the money is insane.

What will the arm be going on?

It will be going on The SO Source. 

• Like 1

I seem to recall that the Source and the Voyd Valdi looked a little alike

So here is my newly fettled and terrific sounding TT together with th Audio Note Arm 1 V2 in black

Rather elegant don't you think?

KCfrdys.jpg

mWsGmiz.jpg]#

WwwlXpi.jpg

2FaTaRU.jpg

• Like 1

Yes I can see the similarity in the appearance. Both very attractive turntables with the flutted effect. 

Let me know if AN 1 V2 becomes available for sale in the future have to have something to look forward to in these COVID times. 🙂

On 16/04/2020 at 21:50, divedeepdog said:

No-ones mentioned Audiomods arms.  I had a Series V and it was a favourite for a long time.  The classic series crop up around £400.

I have an Audiomods Classic and don't think I will need to change it for anything 'better'. For the money they are a no brainer, which, I guess, is how I ended up with one :)