Hifimad1

Sold : Michell Girodek Platter and clamp

Posted (edited)

I,m having a clear out so up for grabs is my spare Michell Girodek Platter,Spindle adaptor & nut.Also included is a Michell record clamp,belt and suspension towers and springs.These parts are all in excellent condition with no marks or damage on the platter and the gold weights all look like new.Looking for £250 and I’ll include the postage to a UK address.Note I have the original box from Michell. The platter and parts are all you need to convert from the upgraded Orbe platter back to the “better looking “ Gold Weighted platter ! Thanks for looking James

A51D44DA-173D-4D1C-8134-62A686C3A385.jpeg

3BA4AC5D-5477-4E62-BEB5-52091F1C84A1.jpeg

E1038C2B-9067-4E7F-B446-ACAD6A64A2F5.jpeg

F6A94F61-8C26-4341-8ACC-759F32AAF87C.jpeg

1F0115A6-5B8F-4954-A0AC-AC4D0FA37DE6.jpeg

A3435F6E-A22F-445F-9931-8CD80F47D27A.jpeg

Edited by Hifimad1

Offers ?

Bump

Price drop £180 posted !

Do you know if this is the latest model platter? And how old it is? Cheers 

This platter is 8 years old but been in the box for five years as it was swapped upgraded to an Orbe platter.It comes with the spindle adaptor so you should just swap the adaptor over in the bearing and this will fit.It is for the single belt drive from the latest design,not the early model which had two drive belts afaik.

Hmm, probably the same age as mine as I bought my gyro in 2003. Only reason I'm asking is because I scratched the top of it when building by accidentally putting some tools directly on it. Not sure I can be bothered to sell my on after buying this, just for a few scratches however. Hmmm

On 03/05/2020 at 07:56, Hifimad1 said:

This platter is 8 years old but been in the box for five years as it was swapped upgraded to an Orbe platter.It comes with the spindle adaptor so you should just swap the adaptor over in the bearing and this will fit.It is for the single belt drive from the latest design,not the early model which had two drive belts afaik.

I'm about to take delivery of an upgraded Orbe Gyrodec SE and I'm curious to hear what it would have sounded like originally - like many people I also prefer the look of the original, shallow I know but...    anyway can you give me a price if you posted to Dublin Ireland? It shouldn't be much more than a UK address. 

• Like 1

Hi, PM me your postcode so I can check the postage cost.