Ian

Interesting & well priced interconnects

This chap seems to have seen the light ! I rather like his listing...…….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-HAND-MADE-PHONO-AUDIO-INTERCONNECTS-LOCKING-PLUGS-QED-COMPARE-70CM/223977138608?hash=item342613e9b0:g:JJsAAOSwImRYF1th

• Like 2

well spotted ian , they look incredible for the money..... i love his humour 

My  CHUNKY CABLES are not hand knitted by 79 year old virgins in the foothills of the bleak Ural mountains, shipped to the UK in the finest 200 year Oak cask barrels then cryogenically frozen to within an inch of their life before being slowly revived in Yaks milk ETC ETC (YAWN) ............Need I go on? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No-nonsense wording or not there is still a healthy profit margin there vs making your own with the same parts. The cable is some sort of satellite coax which bought in bulk would cost less than 50 p per meter, and plugs like that can be bought for about £1 each.

This isn't exactly the same cable (this is arguably slightly better) but it gives the idea (longer lengths cost less per m):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Satellite-TV-Coaxial-Cable-15m-Webro-WF100-2-F-Connectors-CT100-Copper-Core/390154324590?epid=723343633&hash=item5ad7028a6e:g:9FIAAOSwkotaCYDH

One point re. using satellite cable is that it's less flexible than a lot of typical hifi interconnects. I've made an interconnect with the above cable and it's fine though, unless you try to make the cables really short.

I appreciate of course that most don't want to make up interconnects but just making the point the ones in the link weren't perhaps as much of a bargain as may first appear.

Edited by MartinC
  • Like 1

Got some today , if they were priced 5 times higher  I would have been unsurprised.  Rather good quality for the stupidly low price .....  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 19:43, hifinutt said:

Got some today , if they were priced 5 times higher  I would have been unsurprised.  Rather good quality for the stupidly low price .....  

:pop:

:)

Edited by Tarzan