Nash

FREE New speakers required.

Right not sure if this is asking a bit much of the wam. I recently broke my kef iq3s. Im lost. Ive been told to shield for 12 weeks. Due to my asthma and I’m not sure i will survive without any music. Im not asking for free ones. Maybe just cheap ones

thanks guys and girls. If this post is inappropriate please just let me know amd i will take it down.  

10 minutes ago, Mondie said:

Good morning to you. Those look nice mate thank you. Ive never listened to a set of these. 

I suspect they are not up to Key IQ3's, however, these are the later Ti version and a good punt for little money from a seller who is willing to post :^ They will keep you in tunes through lockdown.

29 minutes ago, Nash said:

Thanks Mondie. Those kefs’s where so clear. My first proper step away from rubbish hifi equipment. 

My daughter knocked it off the stand and now there is ably a whisper coming through the tweeter. Ive checked all the wires and connectors And i cant find the issue. 

Just now, Nash said:

My daughter knocked it off the stand and now there is ably a whisper coming through the tweeter. Ive checked all the wires and connectors And i cant find the issue. 

So it's just one speaker that is broken? I was asking as it sounded like you meant both had died at once, which would have been unusual and made me wonder about a fault further up the signal pathway...

Have you opened up the dead speaker to check for internal wiring issues? 

• Upvote 2

Be worth checking on the 'bay - there's a pair of iQ3 on there right now for £100 + £20 postage with dented tweeter domes - you might well do better than that if you keep looking.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, MartinC said:

So it's just one speaker that is broken? I was asking as it sounded like you meant both had died at once, which would have been unusual and made me wonder about a fault further up the signal pathway...

Have you opened up the dead speaker to check for internal wiring issues? 

Ive had it apart as much as i know how to put it back together. Couldn't find anything loose. The tweeter is still getting a bit of signal. The speakers where the only part of my set up i wasn't wanting to change for a while 😭😭😭😭. 😂 

Edited by Nash

17 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Be worth checking on the 'bay - there's a pair of iQ3 on there right now for £100 + £20 postage with dented tweeter domes - you might well do better than that if you keep looking.

If im Honest i can’t afford anything like at the moment. Im a painter and decorator. And i hadn't been going long enough to declare tax so. Sounds like a sob story this. I hope no one thinks I'm taking the piss. 

12 minutes ago, Nash said:

Ive had it apart as much as i know how to put it back together. Couldn't find anything loose. The tweeter is still getting a bit of signal. The speakers where the only part of my set up i wasn't wanting to change for a while 😭😭😭😭. 😂 

Could you say a little more about what you've opened up and what you've got access to? If there are connections you haven't got to yet then people here may be able to help with how you could do this. A weak signal could mean a poor contact...

• Like 1

Super Wammer

@NashI would have normally been only too happy to let you have either a pair of Castle Warwick or a pair of Genexxa Pro5 to use as long as you needed as they are not being used at this time. Problem is finding any sort of carton and packing in order to be able to make them safe to deliver them to you .

In the past most of the Supermarkets had decent boxes that they would let you have but these have now dried up even quite small ones . Wish I could be of more help and I will keep looking for somehting that will take either of the above over the next few days . If i get somehting will post back on here and you can let me know to either send them or that you have been sorted out .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bencat said:

@NashI would have normally been only too happy to let you have either a pair of Castle Warwick or a pair of Genexxa Pro5 to use as long as you needed as they are not being used at this time. Problem is finding any sort of carton and packing in order to be able to make them safe to deliver them to you .

In the past most of the Supermarkets had decent boxes that they would let you have but these have now dried up even quite small ones . Wish I could be of more help and I will keep looking for somehting that will take either of the above over the next few days . If i get somehting will post back on here and you can let me know to either send them or that you have been sorted out .

Wow. Thank you. I cant explain how lost i feel without them. Under normal circumstances id wait until i could replace/repair them.   

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Could you say a little more about what you've opened up and what you've got access to? If there are connections you haven't got to yet then people here may be able to help with how you could do this. A weak signal could mean a poor contact...

Ive taken the Back panel off where the banana plugs are. Ive taken the speaker out and i cant open the case. I cant see ive taken all the spade connector off and reconnected them.