11 hours ago, tkimages said:

Must have been a HL then as it wasn't a Sprint.  I wasn't sure of the model designations, hence the question mark after it.

If it had nasty black wheel trims and head rests then it was a HL model.

Pre 1976 model.

Image result for dolomite 1850

HL model

Image result for triumph dolomite 1850 hl

Having a big clear-out of my music and entering and selling on discogs all to raise funds for and integrated amp, and whilst clearing I came across this item and wonder if anyone else has this item? I believe it  was either sold or given away to celebrate the unveiling of the then new Triumph Herald 1959, Can anyone guess what it is? It is as though it has been in a time capsule because it is as fresh today as it was when first made.

Mblkk8ll.jpg

ITcDDC3l.jpg

vr0lEKXl.jpg

COvM0fVl.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, p147 said:

Having a big clear-out of my music and entering and selling on discogs all to raise funds for and integrated amp, and whilst clearing I came across this item and wonder if anyone else has this item? I believe it  was either sold or given away to celebrate the unveiling of the then new Triumph Herald 1959, Can anyone guess what it is? It is as though it has been in a time capsule because it is as fresh today as it was when first made.

Mblkk8ll.jpg

ITcDDC3l.jpg

vr0lEKXl.jpg

COvM0fVl.jpg

Seeing as it's based on a Herald, put that on your turntable and presumably the cantilever will bend and the tonearm will fall off the side of the record.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, rabski said:

Seeing as it's based on a Herald, put that on your turntable and presumably the cantilever will bend and the tonearm will fall off the side of the record.

xD It's going nowhere near my turntable.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, p147 said:

xD It's going nowhere near my turntable.

Do you keep a turntable just for this kind of use? Could be worth it ...

Might try it on my daughters  dansette player,  but not even sure what's on it,  perhaps it might just be the sound of car engine or exhaust noise xD..

26 minutes ago, p147 said:

Might try it on my daughters  dansette player,  but not even sure what's on it,  perhaps it might just be the sound of car engine or exhaust noise xD..

If you try it on a Dansette, how will you tell the difference? ;)

EDIT: I've heard it said that flexible records can be played OK if you put an ordinary record on the mat before placing the floppy record. You never know, that might help ...

Edited by audio_PHIL_e

16 minutes ago, audio_PHIL_e said:

If you try it on a Dansette, how will you tell the difference? ;)

EDIT: I've heard it said that flexible records can be played OK if you put an ordinary record on the mat before placing the floppy record. You never know, that might help ...

Might have to adjust the anti-skating.

I believe that lyntone did not recommend that as it might cause slippage and ruin the disc, I believe there are some flexi-disc collectors out there, But I would really like to know what music is on the disc as it states that it has been 'specially written for the occasion' for the launch of the car.

My mate had a Herald convertible with a Triumph 2500 S motor in it - it went everywhere sideways! :D

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 19:01, meninblack said:

My mate had a Herald convertible with a Triumph 2500 S motor in it - it went everywhere sideways! :D

Must have been mental!.

I really want a Herald 948. Not practical, as slow as Christmas but so much fun to drive. Just have to keep an eye on me trunnions (oh err missus)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

For the last few days, when not working, I wondered, which I have off and on about my Triumph Dolly Sprint I owned for about 3 years until 1990. Absolutely loved that car. Checked on the DLVA and entered the reg VGK 15W and it was SORN in January 2020.

After help from the Triumph Dolomite forum they traced back to someone who owned it up until 2015. I found the owners telephone number and cheekily called. I'm sure he initially thought I was a crank or some sort of scam call: "Sorry to trouble you", I said. "Did you used to own a Inca yellow Dolomite Sprint? after a few seconds he said yes, after I remembered the registration number. Anyway, he said he changed the rear dampers in 2014. I said, "were they Spax adjustable shocks?" yes, why? I replied "I fitted Spax on the rears in 1988." They look like it, he said. He continued by saying it had a very bad respray and the engine was a bit rattly.

After the phone call ended we exchanged messages and he kindly sent a load of photos through to me. He lives 10 miles away from me. Spooky.

Here's the only photo I retained when I owned it.

It was first reg in Sept 1980. Triumph stopped production of all Dolomites in Sept. 1980

6003300067_16bb3b4fb0_n[1] (397x500).jpg

Front.jpg

Edited by plasticpenguin

Just now, plasticpenguin said:

For the last few days, when not working, I wondered, which I have off and on about my Triumph Dolly Sprint I owned for about 3 years until 1990. Absolutely loved that car. Checked on the DLVA and entered the reg VGK 15W and it was SORN in January 2020.

After help from the Triumph Dolomite forum they traced back to someone who owned it up until 2015. I found the owners telephone number and cheekily called. I'm sure he initially thought I was a crank or some sort of scam call: "Sorry to trouble you", I said. "Did you used to own a Inca yellow Dolomite Sprint? after a few seconds he said yes, after I remembered the registration number. Anyway, he said he changed the rear dampers in 2014. I said, "were they Spax adjustable shocks?" yes, why? I replied "I fitted Spax on the rears in 1988." They look like it, he said. He continued by saying it had a very bad respray and the engine was a bit rattly.

After the phone call ended we exchanged messages and he kindly sent a load of photos through to me. He lives 10 miles away from me. Spooky.

Here's the only photo I retained when I owned it.

6003300067_16bb3b4fb0_n[1] (397x500).jpg

Front.jpg

NSR corner.jpg

Engine 2.jpg