tnorvaisas

WANTED: Nice CD Transport

Posted (edited)

Looking to upgrade my Bel Canto cd3t cd transport. If you thinking of selling something decent, please let me know. Prefer top loaders. 

Edited by tnorvaisas

Wild card here. Pioneer PD-S703 Legato. Not quite matching your description but would make a great transport. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Countryman said:

Wild card here. Pioneer PD-S703 Legato. Not quite matching your description but would make a great transport. 

Thanks for the offer, but I'm only interested in dedicated transports this time. Something from Audio Note, Esoteric, Jay's Audio or even old Mark Levinson etc. 

I'm moving to a file based system, and my PS Audio PWT will be available shortly - certainly the best transport I've ever used - drop me a PM if this is of any interest - MH

there were 2 lovely bel canto cd2 transports on ebay but they seem to have gone , excellent transport , some more may turn up soon 

18 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

there were 2 lovely bel canto cd2 transports on ebay but they seem to have gone , excellent transport , some more may turn up soon 

I have bel canto cd3t at the moment. Want to get something higher end. Don't think Heed transport would be better than my current bel canto tbh. Also cd2 is a player, not dedicated transport. I'm getting a dac which is very dependant on transport quality hence my quest. 

the cd2 is an absoulutely superb transport , i used one for a long time before upgrading to the msb transport . its also a top loader and not that many top loading cd transports which such good remote controls and reliability , these things go on for years 

59 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

the cd2 is an absoulutely superb transport , i used one for a long time before upgrading to the msb transport . its also a top loader and not that many top loading cd transports which such good remote controls and reliability , these things go on for years 

Something to be aware of with the BC CD2. As a transport it does not output 16/44.1kHz. It's either 24/96 or 16/48. The mechanism is now out of production but there are still supplies around, at the £600 mark, last time I looked.

Chord transports are very good; they use the Philips Pro Mech

A Canary CT600 is very nice (Definitive have a deal on one at present), if you want a really first class top loading transport

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, delirio said:

Would be ideal for my Reimyo Dac. Too much money unfortunately. 

• Upvote 1