tnorvaisas

WANTED: Nice CD Transport

Try a Studer A730 even if it’s an old,but great CD player and transport

On 24/04/2020 at 11:47, tnorvaisas said:

I have bel canto cd3t at the moment. Want to get something higher end. Don't think Heed transport would be better than my current bel canto tbh. Also cd2 is a player, not dedicated transport. I'm getting a dac which is very dependant on transport quality hence my quest. 

Just to comment the Bel Canto CD 2 can be switched between player or dedicated transport which is how I used to use it.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2020 at 09:00, tnorvaisas said:

Looking to upgrade my Bel Canto cd3t cd transport. If you thinking of selling something decent, please let me know. Prefer top loaders. 

If you don't find anything you can do a couple of upgrades.  These are based on vibration control.  First, upgrade the feet or, as in my case, place the feet in sorbothane footers.  Second, open up the unit and generously place dynamat wherever you can but include the drive housing.  It is not night and day or even dusk and evening.  Hard to put into words but when I did this to my Oppo there was a slight sense of solidness on some recordings.  I got the idea from upgrades to my turntables where these measures were significant upgrades - so I thought they would work with a different form of spinning disc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, unclepuncle said:

It was sold ,together with the 12+ , in less than 24 hours

Edited by delirio

2 hours ago, delirio said:

It was sold ,together with the 12+ , in less than 24 hours

I sent an enquiry but no answer, they stopped production of these back in 2001, would have  been a risk but will never know now...

Have you considered one of the CEC belt driven transports? By all accounts a worthy challenger to the highly regarded Audio Note transports, at a more reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chivas said:

Have you considered one of the CEC belt driven transports? By all accounts a worthy challenger to the highly regarded Audio Note transports, at a more reasonable price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but can't find one. 

I can never understand why CEC have over twenty models / Numbers for their transports!! 

What we have learnt so far is that transports either cost 1k or >3k plus and used at that price...

9 hours ago, tnorvaisas said:

Yes, but can't find one. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cec+cd+transport&_sacat=0

Allow for import duties and step transformer, less than £1500.

Also just seen this:  https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/aqua-la-diva-cd-transport-with-remote-and-original-box.238652/