Tony_J

Strange items lurking on your bench...

I've had one of these lurking on my bench for a while - I have absolutely no idea how I acquired it or what I could possibly use it for, but looking at the specs (24V, 250A) it must be good for something...:dunno:

https://www.arc-components.com/0-605-45-250a-rated-at-24v-emergency-push-button-battery-isolator-2316.html

Anyone else have similarly odd objects lying around that you know will be useful sometime, but no idea for what...?

You could mount it in your house somewhere with a big sign underneath that says "Do Not Press". Up to you what you connect it to, but I thought about something like that connected to my RCD. If anyone presses it, my UPS would start beeping!

Time on my hands obviously!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, napoleonblownafet said:

You could mount it in your house somewhere with a big sign underneath that says "Do Not Press". Up to you what you connect it to, but I thought about something like that connected to my RCD. If anyone presses it, my UPS would start beeping!

Time on my hands obviously!

Excellent suggestion - it could be like in the Hitchhiker's Guide - if you press it, a sign lights up saying "Do not press this button again!" :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I did have 2 big steel benches with stuff on them somewhere. This is the tidy bit. xD

Now where is that 4mm Allen key I put down.

image.jpeg

Edited by Hap Hazzard
  • Haha 1

I can trump you on that , I have 3 sheds I can't get in and a garage I can only just get in :nerves:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Audio Al said:

I can trump you on that , I have 3 sheds I can't get in and a garage I can only just get in :nerves:

You need to stop eating Big Macs.:run:

• Haha 1

I have an esl57 rising above the debris on my workshop bench. Been there at least 6 months. All those screws and the fear of the unknown. I feel it will be there a bit longer yet.

• Haha 1

The bench is actually quite sensible. The valve collection less so.

I've spent years collecting valves on the basis of buying stuff that's stupidly cheap and wondering if there's anything I can build with it. I do have about half a dozen mercury rectifiers, but they're useless. The bigger ones look simply stunning, but I'm a bit wary of having them powered as a mishap doesn't bear thinking about. Not to mention that the bigger ones are happiest at around 2kV...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Hap Hazzard said:

You need to stop eating Big Macs.:run:

The Yak donnalds are all closed , I cant think of anything more revolting :sick:

• Haha 1