TheFlash

SOLD! Sugden IA-4 - silver, mint, original remote and packaging £2950

Super Wammer
Posted (edited)

I have a cunning plan; a secret cunning plan; a secret, cunning and probably implausible plan. This plan will only come to fruition if I sell my lovely looking and sounding Sugden IA-4 to a genuine (and patient - see below) buyer. Which is where you, dear discerning wammer, come in.

I auditioned the IA-4 against the A21 Sig and ANV-50 and it was my take-home amp. The A21 is gorgeous but a back-to-back audition shows that its strengths come with limitations. The ANV-50 just didn't do it for me; I wanted to love it but couldn't. The IA-4 does everything and does so across a wide range of musical genres. 33w a side of pure Class A loveliness. Compared with the outrageous 200w a side Audia Flight I owned, this does 99% of the musical magic without the electricity bills and the eco-guilt.

At £2950, I'm offering a saving of £2295 vs the current retail price of £5,245. In titanium silver, it is absolutely mint and comes with original box, original remote etc. I'm already taking a hit so have little room to manouevre, but recognise the cultural norm is to try a Life of Brian style haggle; I'll humour you if you humour me.

There are, er, some "minor practicalities" to consider. Lockdown. The amp is in Kendal and I'm in Leicestershire. Under current restrictions, this makes both shipping and collection (unless you happen to live locally and are jogging by) impossible in the short term. So my IA-4 is for sale and you can buy it but you can't have it yet. What can possibly go wrong?

PM me if you are interested.

IMG_5882.thumb.jpg.d6d0a868aed86c5ad023e4dc045cb808.jpg

Edited by TheFlash
  • Like 4

beautiful amp , one of THE best integrated amps 

• Like 1

Super Wammer
40 minutes ago, hifinutt said:

beautiful amp , one of THE best integrated amps 

Agreed!

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Your totally mad lol

ill swap it for my mint a21a 👍🏻 Deal?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, radiant red said:

Your totally mad lol

ill swap it for my mint a21a 👍🏻 Deal?

Let me think about that.

No!

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
3 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

Let me think about that.

No!

Lol. Well, I tried. Good luck buddy, lovely amp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Thanks Graham. Already garnering genuine interest (via PM)  from the wammer community, which is reassuring.

• Like 1

That is a cool looking piece of kit that.:love:

• Like 2

This is simply unfair. There is no indication what the "cunning plan" is. We can keep a secret so spill the beeenz :D

• Haha 2

Super Wammer
5 hours ago, mr.me said:

This is simply unfair. There is no indication what the "cunning plan" is. We can keep a secret so spill the beeenz :D

That is because the plan is not just cunning, it is secret and cunning.

You are obviously not familiar with the language of cunning, or as we Cunning Society members call it, CunningLingua.

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
7 minutes ago, luckysim0n said:

that is a lovely looking piece of kit

It is also a lovely sounding piece of kit... it's only because I fancy having a poke around separate pre/power that it's for sale.

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Will dig out the odd review when I can. I was searching for something else when I found this suitably positive review!

Sugden Masterclass IA 4 - FIDELITY International No05.pdf

• Like 2

Super Wammer
27 minutes ago, toms wait said:

could you not sort a wamtaxi to get the amp to you.  I can easily get to Kendal with work then I can try the amp in my kit at home9_9

1 minute ago, TheFlash said:

Good creative thinking ;)... though we might need a relay of several Wam taxis with handovers at say 20 mile intervals. Could take an age if everyone hangs onto it for a week "just to check it is still working before I hand it on"...

I need to copy and past this into my advert!

Ooh, I do love a trier! Nice one @toms wait