Audio Al

Sorry , I just can't get Jazz

Posted (edited)

Beleve me I have tried , its just a noise as if 7 people turn up in a session room and everyone has a different sheet of music :S

Sorry 

Edited by Audio Al
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Jazz does not exist.

Beleve me I have tried , its just a noise as if 7 people turn up in a session room and everyone has a different sheet of music 
Sorry 

That’s how I think of it too Al .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, BeeRay said:

Sounds like you are only playing modern Jazz?

actually the new jazz coming from London is best thing that could happen in jazz as so many people discovering the genre

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it  - I find musical taste is a very personal thing. My collection contains virtually no rock music because on the whole I find it dull and lacking in any rhythmic sophistication but that's just me. I don't feel I'm missing out in any way or that it makes my taste any less valid than the next person. I must admit to struggling with a lot of free jazz and much of Sun Ra's oeuvre though - he's waaaay out.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Baggawire said:

I wouldn't worry about it  - I find musical taste is a very personal thing. My collection contains virtually no rock music because on the whole I find it dull and lacking in any rhythmic sophistication but that's just me. I don't feel I'm missing out in any way or that it makes my taste any less valid than the next person. I must admit to struggling with a lot of free jazz and much of Sun Ra's oeuvre though - he's waaaay out.

He certainly was at Cafe Oto Ian, especially through 8 PAIRS of Quad ESL57s.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, dari said:

actually the new jazz coming from London is best thing that could happen in jazz as so many people discovering the genre

By modern I meant what you may call free Jazz. I was not talking about recent music as such. Some Jazz is nothing like the OP's description. 

Edited by BeeRay

3 hours ago, Audio Al said:

Beleve me I have tried , its just a noise as if 7 people turn up in a session room and everyone has a different sheet of music :S

Sorry 

Maybe give Jazz trios a try :D.

I wonder if this still offends actually? 

• Like 3

What you need is a 'two Johns' evening. Assorted John Surman and John Abercrombie. That'll put you off modern jazz forever. I love it, but I only know one or two others who do.

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

I am a relative newcomer to Jazz, probably the last 12 years or so. It was hearing Kind of Blue, by Miles Davis, that piqued my interest, not a fan of a lot of modern jazz, but love the older stuff, Davis, Coltrane, Getz, Baker, Webster, Gillespie, Armstrong, Parker, Adderley, Hawkins, Mingus, Rollins, Blakey, Gordon  ect.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AntA said:

Love this comment 

What tune will you be playing ? Tune ? This is Jazz :D

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MartinC said:

Maybe give Jazz trios a try :D.

I wonder if this still offends actually? 

Now that I could listen to , bit of a tune and rhythm going on 

Edited by Audio Al
  • Like 3