Super Wammer

Founded by apparently legendary Japanese designer Mr. Matsumoto in 1964. Tube amps getting fabulous reviews. Highly respected, but little known and seen, despite the sterling efforts of Definitive Audio's Kevin Scott.

http://www.sibatech.co.jp/mactone/poweramp.html

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2011/09/mactone-mh-300-b-review.html

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2011/07/exclusive-interview-with-mr-matsumoto.html

MH-300B.thumb.jpeg.ad72362821470b2bc2682d4d2b0bafe7.jpeg

Super Wammer

Must admit, that’s a new one on me. Did I read that the power amp is 12,000 USD?  

Super Wammer

£15,000 new.

Super Wammer

Super Wammer

And now some of you know why I started this thread...

• Haha 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

£15,000 new.

Yikes, you need to be legendary to charge those prices!  Which speakers are going to benefit from this beauty?

Super Wammer
24 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Yikes, you need to be legendary to charge those prices!  Which speakers are going to benefit from this beauty?

Posselt Albatross in Kendal.

Super Wammer

Very nice move Nigel!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marko said:

Very nice move Nigel!

Absolutely. I've yet to hear a 300B push-pull that hasn't had a lot of magic, and this one looks as though it ought to have more than 'a lot'.

• Like 1

Ah well, I dilly’d and I dally’d but just couldn’t risk the postage in these lockdown times. At the price this looks an amazing buy, if Kegworth gets re-scheduled will you be bringing it along Nigel?

Super Wammer
1 hour ago, lostwin said:

Ah well, I dilly’d and I dally’d but just couldn’t risk the postage in these lockdown times. At the price this looks an amazing buy, if Kegworth gets re-scheduled will you be bringing it along Nigel?

I think so. That was my thought last night anyway.

Now I just have to keep an eye out for the first legitimate opportunity I get to go to Kendal to collect the Sugden IA-4, sale of which will almost cover this.

could you not sort a wamtaxi to get the amp to you.  I can easily get to Kendal with work then I can try the amp in my kit at home9_9

Super Wammer
23 minutes ago, toms wait said:

could you not sort a wamtaxi to get the amp to you.  I can easily get to Kendal with work then I can try the amp in my kit at home9_9

Good creative thinking ;)... though we might need a relay of several Wam taxis with handovers at say 20 mile intervals. Could take an age if everyone hangs onto it for a week "just to check it is still working before I hand it on"...

I need to copy and past this into my advert!

Better not send the Mactone by wam taxi. You'll be likely never to see it again :D

• Haha 1

Super Wammer

Mactone in da house. Well, in da stable actually as I don't have passive speakers in da house. Sugden A21a acting as pre. Driving the Posselts and compared with the A21a as integrated, there's more of everything, lots more. The prospect of the Mactone on the end of a proper pre is a mouthwatering one.

Tube cover resting in place for some of these. Will install properly soon.

I'd forgotten how big the Border Patrol PSU is: it's enormous!

Thanks to James. Happy wammer here.

IMG_5997.thumb.jpg.ea45401ca04df672b24033b8ca2c4461.jpgIMG_5998.thumb.jpg.66386e623748e4d8d2964591454e7ff7.jpgIMG_5999.thumb.jpg.89c4beb9d492eb7f388f7b09688f2dfc.jpgIMG_5996.thumb.jpg.dad6742a39f53f68fe111927deae2db9.jpgIMG_6001.thumb.jpg.8fba99b55d147c3c7e4e0fd94459ffc0.jpgIMG_6003.thumb.jpg.b28bc1c713e3803f606468f7203a9923.jpg

• Like 4