Bazzer

The don't need to diet thread

Posted (edited)

Over the years we've had lots of weight loss / get fitter lose weight threads , I've never been able to contribute because I belong in the other camp . I occasionally wonder why my weight doesn't alter , genetics probably but my parents weight used to alter although I remember my Mum's brothers being slim . I won't say I'm skinny because that implies under fed , I eat and drink anything , always have and since I stopped growing (21?) I've never gone up or down and ounce , I'll be 64 next month . I'm 5'9.5" and 9st 7lbs .

Middle age spread passed me by , anybody else like this .

Edited by Bazzer
Unnecessary apostrophe :)

Posted (edited)

Me too.  These days my weight stays at 10 stone no matter what. 5'11" and aged 71.  My dad lost weight as he aged, but he died at 60, riddled with arthritis.
I did go up to 11 stone at 16, but that was muscle from working in a scrap yard, down to about 8 stone in my teens (amphetamine addiction) and up to about 12 stone in my 30s.  I believe that my childhood eating habits have contributed to a low weight.  We always had fairly small meals, and didn't snack between.  Plus I didn't like sweets!  Been vegetarian for 50 years, but so has my wife and she piles on the pounds, but she grew up with regular roast dinners, so that fits my theory.

Edited by awkwardbydesign

5 minutes ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Plus I didn't like sweets!

I do , always had a sweet tooth and since I've retired the biscuit / chocolate supplies take a right hammering , I do try to be good but in the winter months I'm hopeless .

I used to be like this. Constant weight, eat everything, a lot. After I turned 40 this slowly changed and I noticed that I started gaining weight unless I watch how much I eat. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, AlmaAtaKZ said:

After I turned 40 this slowly changed

Middle age spread , I always thought this was inevitable , a quick Google and it's the metabolism slowing down , obviously mine didn't .

19 hours ago, Bazzer said:

Middle age spread , I always thought this was inevitable , a quick Google and it's the metabolism slowing down , obviously mine didn't .

Happens in most mammals as muscles reduce and weight reverts to the torso.

Luckily i keep active so at least my legs get a good workout shifting that mass.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I was pretty consistently slim at 14-15 stone before I quit smoking at 30. It's been creeping up since then, now 18 stone at 40.

I did get down to 17 before the lockdown, but it's been a great excuse to stuff my face.

Edited by brystonian

Posted (edited)

Im 5ft 9 and 13. 5 stone..i cycle five miles a day ( a few steep hills huff and puff)  going to start the longer route 9 miles as five miles doesn't seem far enough now?  I'm quite stocky so some of this weight is muscle! Lol..i would like to lose a stone or so..but whisky and chocolate puddings have a different idea..i could give up puddings i suppose? 😟 but I that would make me miserable so would then drink more whisky! So really chocolate puddings with chocolate custard! 😋 yummy!  Are saving me from drinking too much!  Lol

Edited by Nearly bewildered
Speakers! lol
  • Haha 2

On 11/05/2020 at 23:11, Nearly bewildered said:

So really chocolate puddings with chocolate custard!

We use to have that at school , correct yummy .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bazzer said:

We use to have that at school , correct yummy .

Yes it was my favourite 😋 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Von Krolock said:

I used to run 50 odd miles a week to get rid of a fat face

Never heard of exercising for a fat face before xD

15 minutes ago, Ears said:

Perhaps his nose did the running.

:minikev:

:sos: Ears has escaped from the joke thread .

• Haha 4