Linn app better than Roon???

1 hour ago, Billz said:

Has anyone else had issues with the Linn remote while playing a Roon playlist. When I press pause on the Linn remote it skipped to the next track. If I hold pause it will pause the track but no button on the remote will get it to play again. Volume on the remote OK.

I think others have found something similar. Here, the pause button does (or did, the last time I tried it) pause the music, but the play button won't restart it. Volume works ok of course. I tend to leave my phone nearby with the screen on, so if I need to pause or skip a track, I can do it within moments.

Mick

19 hours ago, Jail4CEOs2 said:

What brand and model of new router did you get?

I went for a tp-link vr2800 as it got good reviews. I was always meaning to replace with a Draytek as they are supposed to be the DB's but as I wanted AC wifi and VDSL compliance they were just too expensive. The only problem with the vr2800 is that I cant get the QOS function to work - and I'm not the only one - but thats not a big issue to me.

20 hours ago, Billz said:

Has anyone else had issues with the Linn remote while playing a Roon playlist. When I press pause on the Linn remote it skipped to the next track. If I hold pause it will pause the track but no button on the remote will get it to play again. Volume on the remote OK.

The same here with Roon Core 1.7 build 537 and Davaar 4.76.368.

19 hours ago, MickC said:

I think others have found something similar. Here, the pause button does (or did, the last time I tried it) pause the music, but the play button won't restart it.

Some time ago I’ve seen this as well and reported it to Linn. They said it was Roon’s fault. Since then there have been updates for Roon and Davaar…

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BB1 said:

Some time ago I’ve seen this as well and reported it to Linn. They said it was Roon’s fault. Since then there have been updates for Roon and Davaar…

I have the latest updates of both Roon and Davaar, so I take it the issue has not been fixed.

On the plus side, I see I can allocate Roon to one of the buttons on the remote. I did not realise at first that Roon did not send it’s playlist to the DS and the playlist on the DS is the last one used by the Linn app. This is a good thing for me as I can put a playlist of my wife’s music on the DS while I use Roon.

47 minutes ago, Billz said:

I have the latest updates of both Roon and Davaar, so I take it the issue has not been fixed.

Yes, the issue still persists and only shows different behaviour depending on the Ronn and Davaar version in use. Failing to resume playback after pressing "play" on the remote would point to Roon as the culprit. The current issue might be caused by Roon or Linn. I can’t tell who is the culprit right now, because there have been updates for both and I haven’t tested all possible combinations since reporting the initial issue.

If anyone wants to try Roon for 30 days FREE, they have just started a referral program.

Click on the link below: 

https://roonlabs.com/r/fsumbvGpoUCMnMMa846tCA

• Upvote 1

On 16/05/2020 at 09:37, kelly200269 said:

If anyone wants to try Roon for 30 days FREE, they have just started a referral program.

Click on the link below: 

https://roonlabs.com/r/fsumbvGpoUCMnMMa846tCA

I'm giving the trial a whirl, I used your referral link there @kelly200269. Was a breeze to setup but I know my way around IT. I have a minimserver running in a Linux (CentOS 7.8) Virtual Machine within a VMware vSphere three node farm. So just pushed the hardware specs out and installed the Linux core on the VM. Windows PC and Android phone are control points (so far) and working well, WiFi and wired. The core server connects to the music using NFS. Works like a charm a very fast. I like the extra info provided by Roon but it is expensive! I was just talking to my wife the other day about missing the experience LPs give you compared to the digital world. This is as close to the missing link as I've found, streaming providers are useless with Metadata. If Roon can give you profiles with separate music sources I might well go for it... still I have 14-days to figure out if I like it. 

I've built myself a headphone station with my old Linn Sneaky DS over dLAN adapters. Kazoo manages that... I hope Roon will too. I don't expect problems but the testing will be fun.

Roon also found my Bose SoundTouch 20 speaker in the kitchen and my Marantz M-CR611 in the garage, over Airplay only though, but better than nowt.

roon.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, silkie said:

still I have 14-days to figure out if I like 

Enjoy! :D

Edited by kelly200269

2 hours ago, kelly200269 said:

The referral programme gives you 30 days trial, not just 14 days.

Enjoy! :D

Looks like the 30 days is added to the 14 days. It’s a bit confusing because I thought it was added to the end of the first 12 months.

Edited by Billz
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Billz said:

Not the way it reads in the small print Kelly. You still have your 14 days trial and then the free month gets added on at the end of the first 12 month period.

Cheers for pointing that out :o

Post amended!

Edited by kelly200269
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Roon trial is up Monday... I'm going lifetime. Love it. :)

• Like 2

On 29/05/2020 at 17:41, silkie said:

My Roon trial is up Monday... I'm going lifetime. Love it. :)

Yep. There’s nothing quite like Roon, is there? :)