Sign in to follow this  
chrisph

Nuraloop earphones on their way, at last!

Today, I received an update re. delivery of earphones pre-ordered on 19th May 2019.

It looks like they may arrive within a few days, so just under a year after ordering.  I wonder if this is some sort of record for waiting for an item to be delivered.

Nura have sent out regular progress updates during this period but I did think I was going to have to write the money off.

Link to their website fyi

https://www.nuraphone.com/products/nuraloop

Hopefully they are as good as the Nuraphone's and I can use them when travelling as they are much smaller and lighter.

I don't follow it but I believe there is a long thread on PFM about a certain dac that people have been waiting a lot longer than a year to get...

Glad I didn't get involved in ordering that DAC and I think I know the one you mean. Last time I looked at that thread folks were getting annoyed with the lack of communication. In my case Nura were very good in that respect.

At long last they have arrived, several days short of a year from when I placed my pre-order.

Earphones, charging cable and analogue cable, plus different size ear tips all attractively boxed and it was almost a shame to spoil the presentation by removing said items.  Having waited so long to try them out I soon got over that thought and started setting them up.  To do this requires the use of an App to personalise the sound.  Now this is where it got a little frustrating.

After several attempts it failed to complete the process and I was a little disappointed, to say the least.  Then things got worse as it was then not possible to connect the phones, via Bluetooth,  to the App!  So, a little bit of googling and hunting around on the Nura web site I discovered there was a problem with the App, preventing some Android users from being able to connect to Nura devices.  There was a notice that they would be releasing a new version at 3.00am Australian Eastern Time. So some poor developer(s) were working long hours to get the problem resolved.  Eventually I was able to get a copy of the new version of the App and complete the setting up.

Now, six hours after they were delivered I am able to listen some music and Gregory Porter is now helping me to calm down.  First impressions are very positive.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this