Tpy

Minim server behaving strangely

My problems were resolved by deleting Kazoo from my mac and installing it on my NAS.  That was a little tricky because I'm clueless regarding network issues and had some trouble accessing my NAS since I hadn't done so in years. Many thanks to BabaYaga for the generous help he provided in this process.  

I‘m glad we could sort it out. :D

Thinking about it, we might have been able to set up Minimserver on your laptop by entering the music directory (red icon), but not on the desktop. So I still assume something is screwed up on your desktop (failed OS update another indication). That Qfinder wouldn‘t find the NAS on either machine is weird, too. 
In any case having Minimserver installed on the NAS is the better solution. Enjoy your music!

BY

IIRC, the latest version of the Mac OS arbitrarily removed support for 32 bit apps, leaving, in classic Apple fashion, those dependent on such apps high and dry. Is Kazoo Server on the Mac a 32 bit app?

David 

1 hour ago, DavidHB said:

IIRC, the latest version of the Mac OS arbitrarily removed support for 32 bit apps, leaving, in classic Apple fashion, those dependent on such apps high and dry.

To be fair, when macOS Mojave (10.14) was announced on June 4, 2018, Apple warned that it would be the last version of macOS that would support 32-bit apps. macOS Catalina (10.15) released to the public on October 7, 2019, is the first version to only support 64-bit apps.

Apple wasn’t the first company not fully supporting 32-bit apps anymore. E.g. the release notes for QTS 4.3.x (QNAP’s firmware) state:

Important: QTS 4.3.x runs on a 64-bit system architecture and may not support some 32-bit applications. To check if installed apps on your NAS are compatible with QTS 4.3.x, download the QTS 64-bit compatibility tool and install it on your current QTS build.

This has been mentioned on the MinimServer forum in 2017...

1 hour ago, DavidHB said:

Is Kazoo Server on the Mac a 32 bit app?

Yes, it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BB1 said:

To be fair, when macOS Mojave (10.14) was announced on June 4, 2018, Apple warned that it would be the last version of macOS that would support 32-bit apps. macOS Catalina (10.15) released to the public on October 7, 2019, is the first version to only support 64-bit apps.

Yep. Developers had a while to sort apps out if they wished to do so - it wouldn’t have come as a shock. Software can’t be supported forever, otherwise I’d still be stuck using Wordstar under DOS.

Mick

• Like 1