SO2 and changing loudspeakers

Hello,

If you swap loudspeakers over from your own pair to a different, new (different make and model) pair, do you need to remeasure your listening room and add all the doors and windows again when you go back in to SO2? Currently Keilidhs powered by Akurate Exactbox-I and Akurate Systemhub. Can you save existing settings?

Stu

Not in my experience. After selecting new speakers the list of optimisations is blank. But the list of rooms isn't. Create a new optimisation and choose the to base it on the previous room. Then it only needs the listening position and speaker positions adding.

If you reselect the old speakers, the old optimisations for those may reappear, not tested.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but...

When i want to change my MDSM for a AEDSM do i have to make a new space configuration all over again or can i use the one made with the MDSM and load it into the AEDSM? When in the future i choose active speakers from another brand and connect the AEDSM with toslink does space optimalisation still works?                    

1 hour ago, Rudi64 said:

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but...

When i want to change my MDSM for a AEDSM do i have to make a new space configuration all over again or can i use the one made with the MDSM and load it into the AEDSM? When in the future i choose active speakers from another brand and connect the AEDSM with toslink does space optimalisation still works?                    

You can load up the same settings.  You may need to make a few tweaks (to cut depth/width in SO v1 or to the sliders in SO v2) but the basics stay the same.

The digital output from the AEDSM does not apply SPACE to the signal (which is particularly useful for those of us who use it for headphones!).

From this device the best way to go active and keep SPACE is to use either Linn integrated speakers or an Exaktbox that can be configured to the speakers of your choice.

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

You can load up the same settings.  You may need to make a few tweaks (to cut depth/width in SO v1 or to the sliders in SO v2) but the basics stay the same.

The digital output from the AEDSM does not apply SPACE to the signal (which is particularly useful for those of us who use it for headphones!).

From this device the best way to go active and keep SPACE is to use either Linn integrated speakers or an Exaktbox that can be configured to the speakers of your choice.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated!:^