Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

On 04/04/2021 at 21:52, Andyt916 said:

Very nice. In fact, one of my favourite versions of "Because the Night" is 10,000 Maniacs, from the MTV Unplugged album. May well have to move on to a bit of 10,000 Maniacs later, as, by chance, I have just realised that Lone Justice is next to The Long Ryders in my collection. I can feel a theme coming on here :)

Have you tried this https://deinelakaien.bandcamp.com/track/because-the-night-2 ? CC @JensA

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vintage vinyl with the pop-up inside the gatefold. Everything's so much more pronounced since my last upgrade (Karousel / KRadikal / Urika II) ❤

Every bit as good as I'd anticipated...

Posted Images

image.png.bd1d08de7b7d499d2c0bfeb82c53cd4b.png

A ripped CD: I heard these guys on Radio Paradise, and had to buy the album. Apparently, totally unknown in this locale (DE).

3 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

image.png.bd1d08de7b7d499d2c0bfeb82c53cd4b.png

A ripped CD: I heard these guys on Radio Paradise, and had to buy the album. Apparently, totally unknown in this locale (DE).

On Qobuz in the UK, along with quite a few more of theirs. Shall give it a listen.

’troll

• Like 1
On 04/04/2021 at 21:37, entdgc said:

Great album to finish with! And liking the Paul Weller...

I remember when I bought this album in my student years at Plattenkiste in Kiel (Plattenkiste was a record store, not the university - but who knows?). Later on I gathered with two friends to watch the unboxing video on YouTube. Just joking, internet wasn't invented yet, so we had to do the honours ourselves. The album was shrink wrapped in black plastics. When I had carefully opened that, the white cover appeared with the now iconic photograph. Next, the postcard with the guy in the lake fell out. The whole procedure probably took longer, than a proper video clip, as we were laughing our heads off.

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

I remember when I bought this album in my student years at Plattenkiste in Kiel (Plattenkiste was a record store, not the university - but who knows?). Later on I gathered with two friends to watch the unboxing video on YouTube. Just joking, internet wasn't invented yet, so we had to do the honours ourselves. The album was shrink wrapped in black plastics. When I had carefully opened that, the white cover appeared with the now iconic photograph. Next, the postcard with the guy in the lake fell out. The whole procedure probably took longer, than a proper video clip, as we were laughing our heads off.

That sounds like a very amusing, fun evening :-)

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

That sounds like a very amusing, fun evening :-)

Those were the days, and I can hardly imagine to have as much fun unwrapping a CD or starting a playlist. When a friend had purchased a new album, it created a perfect occasion to come together have a beer, or two, and listen to the music.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Those were the days, and I can hardly imagine to have as much fun unwrapping a CD or starting a playlist. When a friend had purchased a new album, it created a perfect occasion to come together have a beer, or two, and listen to the music.

...and unwrap the virgin cassette to be able to enjoy your own copy later...!!

Short listening set this evening, just to complete the "set"

image.jpeg.b2e8fd034ae19d3e4ca206e16ce6d92f.jpeg

image.png.9ca46a9b6d259451a117abb07dbb2e49.png

Good old vinyl, what else? 🍺

image.thumb.png.0448531969f782e254d9f8568b43dd6f.png

Vinyl on my LP12

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Andyt916 said:

image.jpeg.f28110da955cd830be30e7d4a2d794c6.jpeg

image.jpeg.9fb5b140e77f4398292a06ef542c6c93.jpeg

image.jpeg.4ce9513e1e98ba44aa1ee790bc0abd8c.jpeg

"Dexy's Midnight Runners. We haven't heard the last of them."

Homer Simpson

9 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

"Dexy's Midnight Runners. We haven't heard the last of them."

Homer Simpson

Haha, certainly hope not :-) Just had an email to confirm that an original UK vinyl pressing (at a very attractive price) of "Searchin' for the Young Soul Brothers" (I previously only had it on CD) is winging it's way to me :D

• Like 2