Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

Just discovered Ken Haddock via this video posted by Lyric HiFi. Michael McLean worked at Linn at the same time as Alan Gibb and they were often referred to as the “Toothpaste Twins”

Ken’s album referred to is on most streaming services, certainly Qobuz.

’troll

• Like 1
  • Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TEST : I have tried a different technique for posting the image below so  @Nrwatson @Moomintroll @Ben Webster @heimo can you tell me if you can see the image below.

I have on Flac, a copy of Buddy Holly, From the Original Master Tapes. If you turn the volume up and play the last track, True Love Ways, it is so hard to believe this was recorded more than 65 years

Posted Images

Vintage vinyl with the pop-up inside the gatefold. Everything's so much more pronounced since my last upgrade (Karousel / KRadikal / Urika II) ❤

image.png.acdb0fbb98a0a0e11b1ad7a6000c2b7e.png

• Like 4

image.png.3766899fdca80be2a4125a7f6a32eb0d.png

flac 24/192, recently purchaised at highresaudio.com

Edited by TooManyCatweazles

image.png.902937b445e64e8d7f151840f2695f3a.png

The boss requested something more classical to be played at dinner time ...

This ripped CD can do the trick.

Fresh vinyl in my mailbox featuring one of my earlier late heroes. Not so much a man of wealth, I'm afraid, but certainly a man of Taste (pun intended).

image.png.2817d79bde047cfb5c552b681ebb599e.png

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Fresh vinyl in my mailbox featuring one of my earlier late heroes. Not so much a man of wealth, I'm afraid, but certainly a man of Taste (pun intended).

image.png.2817d79bde047cfb5c552b681ebb599e.png

Thanks for posting this one - didn't know it existed! I was at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester show which was the previous night to the Hammersmith ones on the album. The Rolling Stones Mobile was at the Manchester gig too - the crowd must have been too loud!

The Rory Gallagher December / January dates were a bit of a staple for us - usually hitting Manchester before Christmas (this one being an exception) they signalled the start of the late teenage heavy drinking season!!

He was up there with the best - absolutely no doubt about it.

• Like 1

Last night was one of the rare nights that I didn't fire up the turntable. I ended up going to bed at a reasonable hour. I got a good long sleep before waking up very refreshed and ready tackle the day. I feel great!

I've got to put a stop to this. It can't continue. :D

Edited by akamatsu

Playing the new album by London Grammar via Qobuz and it sounds amazing. Only issue I have is for some strange reason they have chosen to introduce clicks and pops to a couple of tracks that sounds like it is being played on one of those old turntable things I used to have in the 70’s and early 80’s. I have no idea why they would want to add what used to be ‘unwanted noise’ to an otherwise perfect sounding recording.  I certainly won’t listen to those tracks again.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Billz said:

new album by London Grammar

The LP is on order. Looking forward to it.

Had a listen last night. Beck's stuff is so well recorded.

Beck - Colors – BECK

On 17/04/2021 at 09:47, Billz said:

Playing the new album by London Grammar via Qobuz and it sounds amazing. Only issue I have is for some strange reason they have chosen to introduce clicks and pops to a couple of tracks that sounds like it is being played on one of those old turntable things I used to have in the 70’s and early 80’s. I have no idea why they would want to add what used to be ‘unwanted noise’ to an otherwise perfect sounding recording.  I certainly won’t listen to those tracks again.

It’s strange, isn’t it? Pops and clicks on a digital file sound “quaint”. The same track on an LP sounds weird.

’troll

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

It’s strange, isn’t it? Pops and clicks on a digital file sound “quaint”. The same track on an LP sounds weird.

’troll

I wonder if some folks will return the LPs as faulty?!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

’troll

‘Quaint’ equals ‘Annoying’ to me.

• Like 1
On 12/04/2021 at 12:39, Moomintroll said:

Just discovered Ken Haddock via this video posted by Lyric HiFi. Michael McLean worked at Linn at the same time as Alan Gibb and they were often referred to as the “Toothpaste Twins”

Ken’s album referred to is on most streaming services, certainly Qobuz.

’troll

Great find Troll, thanks for sharing. What a great voice....

• Like 1