Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

Fancied a bit of Texas rock'n'roll before my LP12 goes under the knife. In my opinion this is their "finest hour"...

ZZ Top – Degüello (1979, Vinyl) - Discogs

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TEST : I have tried a different technique for posting the image below so  @Nrwatson @Moomintroll @Ben Webster @heimo can you tell me if you can see the image below.

I have on Flac, a copy of Buddy Holly, From the Original Master Tapes. If you turn the volume up and play the last track, True Love Ways, it is so hard to believe this was recorded more than 65 years

Posted Images

The Kinks - Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the English Empire)

Just listening to the mono tracks of the 50th anniversary re-release.

The songs of the Kinks touch me much more than the Beatles or Stones ever could.
Ray Davies is for me - next to Pete Townshend - the greatest songwriter.

Unbelievable but the Kinks were still not even 25 years old ...

1549180D-74D3-49B0-B42F-E09B269FD69F.jpeg.d0f2877dbc27321ab817b17f94f86039.jpegwhen they released a series of incredible albums between 1965 and 1969.

• Like 2

The Kinks - Are the Village Green Preservation Society

Released on the same day as the Beatles „White Album“ (November 22nd, 1968) this album was „the most successful flop of all times“ (Ray Davies).

I simply love it :x

8EF41698-757F-497A-ADED-C1EC6363194E.jpeg

• Like 1

Kicked off this evening's listening with this little gem...

R-6455214-1460956963-5516.jpeg.jpg

Me and Mr Johnson - Eric Clapton

• Like 1

Enjoying this a great first album

CB690B7A-891B-4D97-B5CA-77DB8E5D6A4A.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JensA said:

The Kinks - Arthur (Or the Decline and Fall of the English Empire)

Just listening to the mono tracks of the 50th anniversary re-release.

The songs of the Kinks touch me much more than the Beatles or Stones ever could.
Ray Davies is for me - next to Pete Townshend - the greatest songwriter.

Unbelievable but the Kinks were still not even 25 years old ...

1549180D-74D3-49B0-B42F-E09B269FD69F.jpeg.d0f2877dbc27321ab817b17f94f86039.jpegwhen they released a series of incredible albums between 1965 and 1969.

Great album

I have loaded up my iPhone with some of my favourite music for when I go for bike rides,to play the music through my speakers built into the bicycle helmet.

‘The main criteria for making it onto my playlist is it has to be time honoured classic songs I love,  that I can sing along, while peddling my bike.

‘I have a generous selection of Rolling Stones, Doors, The Who, The Animals, Led Zeppelin,  Deep Purple, Yardbirds, Genesis, Steely Dan, Credence Clearwater, and  Red Hot Chili Peppers

This week, my favourite bike riding music is the Rolling Stones Exile on Main Street. Fantastic to sing along to with full emotion, and no one near me to hear it.   🙂

• Like 3

A bit of a departure for me.

Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz - Amazon.com Music

Holly Cole Trio, Montreal. Live recording in Montréal with the three original members ( David Plinch the bass player, left many years ago) . Love Holly Cole but the Trio was special. Very nice quality live recording. 

442296B0-40FC-46AA-B160-F7D91843ADAF.jpeg

• Like 1

Listened to this last night. I just made the connection between the album title and the fact that their new album hasn't been sent out to me yet.

London Grammar 'If You Wait' album review – Buy 'If You Wait' album – Time  Out Music

Just learned that Anita Lane, former member of the Bad Seeds and long time Nick Cave companion / co-writer has passed away.:(

Her fantastic "Dirty Sings" EP with a great version of Sister Sledge's "Lost In Music"I bought more than thirty years ago and just recently ripped with songcorder.

R-479734-1522838493-3164.jpeg.jpg

Edited by JensA
  • Sad 2

The lyrics of "Lost in Music" deserve to be quoted especially in this forum:

"We're lost in music
Caught in a trap
There's no turning back
We're lost in music
We're lost in music
I feel so alive
I quit my 9 to 5
We're lost in music
Have you ever seen
Some people who's everything
Fits the girl with their mind
Responsibility, to me, it's a tragedy
I'll get a job some other time...."

• Like 1

RIP Anita Lane - time to play Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding, Candle in the Wind, ...

91qO99Pdt1L._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.a53ee7a06687ef6e440959e386ed824d.jpg

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Like 2
On 28/04/2021 at 20:24, JensA said:

Just learned that Anita Lane, former member of the Bad Seeds and long time Nick Cave companion / co-writer has passed away.:(

Her fantastic "Dirty Sings" EP with a great version of Sister Sledge's "Lost In Music"I bought more than thirty years ago and just recently ripped with songcorder.

R-479734-1522838493-3164.jpeg.jpg

I've just tried this and "Sex O'clock". Great!

• Like 1