Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

13 hours ago, entdgc said:

First listen to the new Paul Weller album - very disappointing. 'On Sunset' was probably my album of the year 2020 - doubt this one will get many plays.

Hmm, agree with you that “On Sunset” was one of the best albums of 2020.

Upon first listening “Fat Pop”:

Not disappointing - although I will probably always skip the opener “Cosmic Fringes” - but it will not become one of my favourite PW albums...

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have on Flac, a copy of Buddy Holly, From the Original Master Tapes. If you turn the volume up and play the last track, True Love Ways, it is so hard to believe this was recorded more than 65 years

TEST : I have tried a different technique for posting the image below so  @Nrwatson @Moomintroll @Ben Webster @heimo can you tell me if you can see the image below.

The Simpsons Sing The Blues (1990 Vinyl) According to the New York Times the worst album of 1990. Obviously strictly commercial but I like some of the songs, especially "Moanin' Lisa Blues"

Posted Images

Today I've been listening to Phoebe Bridgers -  Stranger in the Alps on CD. The album is a little melancholic. stretching into a few dark places but the strong melodies probably save it from getting too dark. Not a bad album overall, however you do need to be in the right mood for it.

I've also been steaming the Black Keys new album - Delta Kream. If you like your blues with a hint of rock, then definitely worth a listen.  

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, akamatsu said:

The jury is still out on this one. Received it two days ago with much anticipation of a wonderfully musical experience. Perhaps I wasn't in the correct frame of mind, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was grooving to the Qobuz version just the day before. I will revisit this evening.

The Durutti Column

I had another listen last night. Much better! I guess it was my mood. But it still isn't the best recording I've heard lately. Missed opportunity to create something really special on vinyl.

Edited by akamatsu

TEST : I have tried a different technique for posting the image below so 

@Nrwatson @Moomintroll @Ben Webster @heimo can you tell me if you can see the image below.

Airbag-A%20Day%20At%20The%20Beach.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, entdgc said:

Great - if others agree I will explain what I did for future reference....

Thanks yes please

How I link pictures for this thread.

I copy the Folder.jpg from my music server to my Dropbox in a public folder.

I copy the share link.

In this thread I use the OTHER MEDIA button bottom right of this window and choose INSERT IMAGE FROM URL option and paste the share link.

The share link normally ends in dl=0 and I have been editing that to dl=1 which seemed to work for most people. I have now changed this to raw=1 and that seems to keep everyone happy! Why? See https://help.dropbox.com/files-folders/share/force-download

I know this process seems long winded but once you have done it a couple of times it is quick and easy.

Hope this helps.

PS If anyone wants to use a similar process with their Google storage account you might find this site useful for generating the link https://www.labnol.org/embed/google/photos/

1 hour ago, entdgc said:

can you tell me if you can see the image below.

Yes

I just take photo with my iPad and then attach 

6 minutes ago, Nrwatson said:

I just take photo with my iPad and then attach 

Is that why they are upside down? :D:D:$

Yes that is the easiest way but that use the storage space of the forum - I don't know if the forum or each user has a limited allocation? Many of the other forums I use have a (severely) limited storage capacity to keep hosting costs down so I have got into the habit of using my own storage.

• Haha 1

Not my fault I live in Australia 🇦🇺 

• Haha 2

Had a bit of a session last night, including these two beauties:

image.jpeg.744ae8e93a9c9b8e8653f185d72ac834.jpeg

image.jpeg.12a9a3483e2f9ae8d6ebdd2a0e99e4ab.jpeg

• Like 2

The LP arrived the other day. This album seems more "high dollar" than their two previous albums. The production seemed more expensive. Musically, I think it may be their best. Time will tell.

London Grammar | The Official Website

• Like 1

@Andyt916 Gregson & Collister - that takes me back (mainly to local folk clubs)

’troll

• Like 2