Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

I had listened to this once before when my system wasn't what it is today. It is remakes of songs from "The Sensual World" and from "The Red Shoes." It now sounds completely different from previous listen, and certainly from the originals. These are remakes with new vocals and instrumentation, with some recognizable original recording tracks.

I would describe this album as an artistic expression.

Director's Cut (Kate Bush album) - Wikipedia

• Like 1

Completely undervalued and still awesome. Listen to „Chances Are“ and you know what I mean.

911646ED-312C-4912-B525-E3C42A7F6FE6.jpeg

• Like 1

Chasing%20the%20Monsoon-No%20Ordinary%20World.jpg?raw=1

Chasing the Monsoon - No Ordinary World

"Chasing The Monsoon is a collaborative music project fusing powerful rhythmic elements and ambient, experimental soundscapes with progressive rock, Celtic and world music influences."

I would describe it as Prog light - and very nice it is too. Not jaw dropping but very pleasant.

Smooth Jazz streaming from NYC

There’s a story to this one.

Was talking to someone who also lives here in Point Roberts, Washington, USA. She is from Dallas, Texas, where I lived in from 1986 to 1994. We were talking about the Dallas music scene. She suggested that I might know Cafe Noir, a gypsy jazz quartet featuring her best friend on violin. Well, I was very familiar with their music and was acquainted with the group. Small world, eh?

The sad bit was that her friend had passed away from cancer in 2012 at age 56.

So Gail Hess lives on in my living room through her music.

EC9C10DA-4AEE-4F0F-A406-03AABA29F6B5.jpeg

Edited by akamatsu

I bought this 50+ years ago. One of my first LPs. 

04587288-B59E-4C86-A341-E493BBEC37FB.jpeg

• Like 3

Not quite sure if this is the right place to post this, so please feel free to "shoot me down" if inappropriate...

Browsing through stuff earlier I came across one of those "how the **** have I not got this on vinyl, I'm sure I had it moments", so popped onto Discogs to get myself a copy. Whilst doing so I've managed to waste an evening putting some of my vinyl collection into Discogs Collection. Not for any other reason than idle curiosity, however I have found it strangely addictive :).

Anyone else tried this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andyt916 said:

I've managed to waste an evening putting some of my vinyl collection into Discogs Collection

Yes, I know what you mean. Obviously any Discogs purchases are easy to put in there and I tend to add to mine whenever I do a batch of record cleaning. I know what you mean about being addictive.

’troll

On 26/08/2021 at 03:02, akamatsu said:

I bought this 50+ years ago. One of my first LPs. 

04587288-B59E-4C86-A341-E493BBEC37FB.jpeg

Could be a fun thread on it’s own: your first vinyl

This is my first album that I purchased for my Thorens TT back in 1975 or so… I was late to the game, couldn‘t afford a TT before.

64DC6A94-12C1-4667-AE94-C8D085BFF9A6.jpeg

Edited by Baba Yaga
  • Like 2

My first vinyl was 'Band on the Run' when I was but a early teenager with a really cr*p turntable. My vinyl collection is all in the loft but I doubt I stil have it today and if I have it will be unplayably scratched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baba Yaga said:

Could be a fun thread on it’s own: your first vinyl

I had a wind up gramophone when I was pre-school and have vague memories of playing 78s. Possibly “Green Door” by Frankie Vaughan and something by Russ Conway. My love of black discs started early. I had the benefit of two older sisters, who brought loads of great singles into the house in the early 60s, Kinks, Beatles etc.

The first LP I remember buying with my own money was T.Rex “Electric Warrior”.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 1

The first LP I remember buying with my own money was T.Rex “Electric Warrior”.

Yep, mine too. It cost my £2.10 if I remember right. I was earning £1.80 per week from my paper round at the time! Great memories, still have this original album, and it’s unscratched, mainly because I never lent this one out!

• Like 1

Had a listen to this one last night. I've heard it many times with ARadikal in place. I'm absolutely blown away by how much more musical it is with the KRadikal! Machined case makes a huge difference!

Marillion - F*** Everyone And Run - Amazon.com Music

• Upvote 2