Do we have a 'What are you Listening to now?' thread?

10 hours ago, Andyt916 said:

The last album I bought purely on review recommendation was

Image 1 - CLIVE GREGSON & CHRISTINE COLLISTER mischief (1st uk press) LP EX/EX, SPD 1010,

and that has never disappointed!

That’s a great album. My introduction to Collister and Gregson was when I saw them on tour, supporting Leon Redbone a great many years ago. Their album of covers - Love is a Strange Hotel - is very good too.

Mick

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The new, wonderful album by the Brandi Carlile

Brandi.jpg

• Like 2

Cd

aerial-1024x1024.jpg

• Like 5

On 17/09/2021 at 22:33, entdgc said:

Haven't had much time for a proper listening session of late so making up for it tonight....

The%20Alan%20Parsons%20Project-I%20Robot.jpg?raw=1

Followed by Aventine by Agnes Obel. If you are in the UK and are watching the BBC drama Vigil this album provided the theme tune.

Agnes%20Obel%20-%20Aventine.jpg?raw=1

Roger%20Waters-Radio%20K.A.O.S.jpg?raw=1

Steven%20Wilson-The%20Future%20Bites.jpg

I don't watch much TV but have been planning to watch Vigil on the iPlayer so will keep an ear out for the song.

18 hours ago, Andyt916 said:

soundtrack

Soundtrack might be pushing it a bit! In my earlier post I said she provided the theme tune and that's all as far as I know. But I am sure you will enjoy the album - its a grower....

Edited by entdgc

1 minute ago, entdgc said:

Soundtrack might be pushing it a bit! In my earlier post I said she provided the theme tune and that's all as far as I know. But I am sure you will enjoy the album - its a grower....

Fair point. i think I must have read "soundtrack" elsewhere. Either way it's due to arrive here tomorrow and I'm very much looking forward to a listen.

Listening to the new Actors album dropped today, excellent band from BC in Canada.  In the UK at the end of the month so may make the long trek to Wolverhampton . Dark synth/ goth  just my cup of tea while the missus is at a George Michael tribute 😉

image.jpeg.8513da804a0531ab6c5f6e4d75bc7972.jpeg

• Like 2

Just picked up an album iv been meaning to buy on vinyl for years. 

counting crows, august and everything after.  180grm 45 rpm from hmv.

wonderfull album.

12 hours ago, Scott mc said:

Just picked up an album iv been meaning to buy on vinyl for years. 

counting crows, august and everything after.  180grm 45 rpm from hmv.

wonderfull album.

It is a great album. I remember listened to it on spec at a headphone booth in Virgin Records the day it was released. I bought the CD immediately. What’s the vinyl like?

Yesterday evening's listening..

Agnes Obel

Following multiple recommendations I was very much looking forward to hearing this. Unfortunately, however, despite her having a lovely voice and clearly being a wonderful musician it just didn't "do it" for me. I shall give it another few spins to see if it's a slow burner, though.

And then, to make things all better...

Blind Man's Zoo by 10,000 Maniacs (Album, Folk Pop): Reviews, Ratings,  Credits, Song list - Rate Your Music

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Newton John said:

David Crosby Announces new album - David Crosby Official Online Store

Is this available somewhere, already? At amazon.de the album can only be pre-ordered, delivery Feb 18th 2022 🤔

Edited by TooManyCatweazles

21 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Is this available somewhere, already? At amazon.de the album can only be pre-ordered, delivery Feb 18th 2022 🤔

Yes. It’s on Qobuz. Has been for a few weeks .

Not the first time an album’s been on Qobuz long before its release date. Same thing happened with Maria McKee’s most recent album last year. 

Edit: Just checked CD is available on Amazon.co.uk.

Edited by Newton John

8 minutes ago, Newton John said:

Yes. It’s on Qobuz. Has been for a few weeks .

Not the first time an album’s been on Qobuz long before its release date. Same thing happened with Maria McKee’s most recent album last year. 

Arrgh! Obviously, they are trying to lure me into streaming 😉

• Like 1

A classic of course… playing on the LP12.

"Mood" is really… sublime❤️

Miles-Davis_ESP.jpg