Is Merkel right to say that "the nation state has no chance if it acts on its own"?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are fewer Eastern Europeans coming here because its simply not worth it, covid 19 aside,the pound has dropped so badly It makes no economic sense, and it makes no difference what you or I think

It was such a bitter and divisive campaign and we have seen it played out on this blog and others.  Never seen such division  in our Country. Things are still the same with the Remainers still wanting

I have unilaterally rejoined the EU. I just decided to do it and I just did it.   And, no, Brexiteers, you can't stop me. I am now in the EU.

Posted Images

On 21/05/2020 at 15:40, CnoEvil said:

It was reported here. It's behind a paywall....but you can get the gist:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/20/sweden-becomes-country-highest-coronavirus-death-rate-per-capita/

The Telegraph are using the Our World in Data site which gives Sweden 45.2 deaths per 100,000, but gives UK, Spain, Belguim & Italy higher numbers, so quite what the Telegraph is talking about I dont know

Link

Another source

Over the cliff we go... A bunch of fanatical failed journalists (cos that is all they are) are intent on breaking away from our largest trading bloc in the face of the worst economic crash since the 1930s. No matter how much further damage that will do, they don't care. Madness.

6 hours ago, notaclue said:

Over the cliff we go... A bunch of fanatical failed journalists (cos that is all they are) are intent on breaking away from our largest trading bloc in the face of the worst economic crash since the 1930s. No matter how much further damage that will do, they don't care. Madness.

Yeeeeee    Haaaaaaa! 

:oj: Oh Yes ! 

30 minutes ago, Electro said:

Yeeeeee    Haaaaaaa! 

Look at the state of the wires in that picture. And the faded paintings. That is Brexit Britain.

A barely functioning, amateurish mess. 

You won't be cheering when the toilet paper runs out and tomatoes are selling for £5 each. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 hours ago, Electro said:

Yeeeeee    Haaaaaaa! 

It’s like watching a car crash, only we’re all onboard, far from being in control we will be playing bitch between the EU, USA and China, a minnow that brings a knife to a gunfight,  a fading power that is now in terminal decline, totally fucked.

The only people that are completely unaware of the consequences are those that voted for it, the politicians who enacted it know, but they don’t give a shit.

Edited by TigerTiger
  • Upvote 1
On 13 June 2020 at 13:52, TigerTiger said:

It’s like watching a car crash, only we’re all onboard, far from being in control we will be playing bitch between the EU, USA and China, a minnow that brings a knife to a gunfight,  a fading power that is now in terminal decline, totally fucked.

The only people that are completely unaware of the consequences are those that voted for it, the politicians who enacted it know, but they don’t give a shit.

You're such an optimist ! :nup:

Still don't worry Nigel Farage is about to relaunch the Brexit Party so all's well that ends well . :^

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-14/brexit-champion-farage-plans-party-relaunch-sunday-express-says

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1295440/nigel-farage-brexit-party-return-boris-johnson-EU-trade-deal

Joy. :doh:

In the brains of those who favoured their rose tinted, Daily Heil influenced desire to favour emotion over common sense economics, you can almost hear the excuse forming; brexit would have been fine if it wasn’t for Covid! 

22 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Joy. :doh:

I can smell you excitement from here .:)

If they hadn't sacked him from LBC he would probably not be relaunching the Brexit Party .

This is what happens in a democratic country when the left try to silence Normal ordinary  people that dare to speak the truth  , the left have shot themselves in the foot big time .

You can't keep a good honest man of the people down in a free country , let's hope Nigel can help us all keep the whole of the UK free for the future  ! :^

Three cheers for the new Reform Party !  :oj: ( formerly called the Brexit Party) 

Edited by Electro
Added a few words
3 hours ago, Electro said:

I can smell you excitement from here .:)

If they hadn't sacked him from LBC he would probably not be relaunching the Brexit Party .

This is what happens in a democratic country when the left try to silence Normal ordinary  people that dare to speak the truth  , the left have shot themselves in the foot big time .

You can't keep a good honest man of the people down in a free country , let's hope Nigel can help us all keep the whole of the UK free for the future  ! :^

Spoken as a true pawn of the man who has manipulated him to further his own ego. 

Edited by Camverton
Corrected to make more sense - not that it’ll make any difference!
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, Camverton said:

Spoken as true pawn of the man who has manipulated them to further his own ego. 

Absolutely! There are many millions of us pawns all looking forward to building a new free and prosperous future for the UK .

You are welcome to join us on this fantastic journey , we hold no grudges and will not judge you for your past mistaken views. 

All are welcome black , white , yellow , brown , left , right , middle, religious, atheists, rich , poor , disabled , every human being is welcome to join the new age of freedom by joining the new Reform party !  :hug:

Edited by Electro
On 05/06/2020 at 17:22, Tune said:

Many of us are emigrating and taking our skills with us, returning for a day or so a year in order to be able to claim from the state.

Nothing new!  Spain and Portugal have many Brits as residents.  Most of them don't learn the language, or make any attempt to integrate. Preferring to huddle together and whinge about the UK.  Until something goes wrong and then it's the first plane back.  Don't like the UK well enough to live here, just to use it as a comfort blanket.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Electro said:

Prefer to regard myself as a realist.

• Like 1