That is a sexy remote. Never said those words before , in that combo. 

^^ I know. When I first saw this remote I thought it was old school cheesy. It is super stout feeling with a solid “quality” heft to it. Could be used as a weapon! But the smooth wide control over the volume is just superb. All my other remotes now seem very cheap by comparison...

• Like 1

This remote has a “connection” to the first Star Trek series technology in some strange way?

Currently playing the Speaking in Tongues album by Talking Heads. A favorite album that I have never heard delivered this well...

Posted (edited)
On 21/05/2020 at 03:35, PhotoMax said:

^^ I know. When I first saw this remote I thought it was old school cheesy. It is super stout feeling with a solid “quality” heft to it. Could be used as a weapon!

Haha, reminds me of the vintage Linn AV 5103 RC, which was sort of double-axe shaped heavy metal (there is a viking ancestry in Scotland), and most likely a deadly weapon in able hands. Enjoy your new toys :D and stay safe!

Edited by TooManyCatweazles

26 minutes ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Haha, reminds me of the vintage Linn AV 5103 RC, which was sort of double-axe shaped heavy metal (there is a viking ancestry in Scotland), and most likely a deadly weapon in able hands. Enjoy your new toys :D and stay safe!

image.thumb.jpeg.1e477c9a29fa4ff348994dba50844089.jpeg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stu said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1e477c9a29fa4ff348994dba50844089.jpeg

I had a very early one of these for a while - there was even a button labelled 'Laserdisc'...

EDIT: 'Laser' rather than 'Laserdisc' though...

EDIT2: Possibly later rather than earlier, I guess...

2295781-6d073dbb-linn-av5103-surround-controlpre-amplifier-with-dts-and-av501-remote.jpg

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

Anyone for table tennis :D

• Haha 1