Fourlegs

Do red wine and USB cables mix well? I tried it last night.

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Please start another thread with the evidence to back that statement up :cafe:.

I'm a scientist and wasn't aware I was now hated by the whole country :shock:. I'd better start hiding indoors!

I don`t hate you Sir, just the stupid and corrupt half of the country.

Science lover here and delighted to share the fact that like all Science I will invariably always be proven wrong sometime in the future,

But written language might rescue me by being a very approximate science if I `m lucky

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

A private jet that runs on USB - interesting concept...:dunno:

https://www.gore.com/products/usb-cables-civil-aircraft

https://www.gore.com/resources/usb-cables-aircraft-drawing-rcn8800

Edited by t1no
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, George 47 said:

And bloody good it is too........and some say even better with real honey but I love it with a decent port. No calories either :o

I drank a 1958 Tawny a couple of weeks ago, almost 30 years in the wood before they bottled it, superb, would have gone very well with the Stilton, before I moved to Portugal I was a Leicester and Rutland lad for most of my life so real Stilton was readily available, as unlike the supermarket muck as chalk and cheese :D.

I also have a 1958 vintage port, I let my guests choose which we opened, they choose the tawny..

Also likely to be superb, I wonder aka cables which would be the best combination with the Stilton.

Take one scoop of vanilla ice cream, scoop out the centre and put a nice piece of Stilton in the hole

Poor a little Port around the edge and a spoon of cream over the top.

Best of all worlds

Its always the combination, not a single piece that matters,,,,,, just like cables if you see what I mean

2 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

Take one scoop of vanilla ice cream, scoop out the centre and put a nice piece of Stilton in the hole

Poor a little Port around the edge and a spoon of cream over the top.

Best of all worlds

Its always the combination, not a single piece that matters,,,,,, just like cables if you see what I mean

Does this strange recipe have a name? ... ice-cream and Stilton ... I will try this at home ... much more interesting than a listening to a USB cable.

1 minute ago, t1no said:

Does this strange recipe have a name? ... ice-cream and Stilton ... I will try this at home ... much more interesting than a listening to a USB cable.

just made it up, seemed like an interesting idea, I make recipes up a lot, comes from living abroad and not knowing what everything you buy is , let the cream freeze on top of the ice cream before you eat it, pour it thin

2 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

just made it up, seemed like an interesting idea, I make recipes up a lot, comes from living abroad and not knowing what everything you buy is , let the cream freeze on top of the ice cream before you eat it, pour it thin

Stilton de Nata e Porto ... trademark it :)

12 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

comes from living abroad and not knowing what everything you buy is

Obviously nothing to do with this fascinating cable thread, but this reminded me of my days at uni.  We had a guy from Iran on the course, and one day he spent some time telling me he had been to the supermarket and was really shocked, he had always thought better of people from the UK.  I was puzzled by his reaction and got him to explain.  Turns out, in Iran, tinned meat usually has a picture on the front of what animal it’s from.  Once I’d stopped laughing, I explained that a tin of cat food doesn’t actually have cat in. 

34 minutes ago, stevebrown said:

Nobody ever sat in rupture and joy listening to a cable

Sitting is rupture sounds like an unfortunate medical emergency :shock:.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Sitting is rupture sounds like an unfortunate medical emergency :shock:.

y`all no wot I meen, spellink s not my stongist sweet, anyway the sound of rupture might be interesting, bit like an avant garde soprano, which does indeed leave some in a state of rapture

Edited by stevebrown

50 minutes ago, t1no said:

Stilton de Nata e Porto ... trademark it :)

obrigado 

gelado com queijo inglês, Stilton e creme com molho de vinho do porto, 

but I like your translation better

2 hours ago, George 47 said:

And bloody good it is too........and some say even better with real honey but I love it with a decent port. No calories either :o

Also goes really well with a glass of Tokaji (I prefer the 5 puttonyos)  - cheese and wine thread drift is a definite step in the right direction...

1 hour ago, stevebrown said:

Nobody ever sat in rupture and joy listening to a cable

Well? Im not sure? Us old hifi lags get xmas presents we never want..have to listen to our better halfs bending our good ear! Kids only contacting us when they want something! ( not always but mostly)  watching our bodies not so slowly deterioate! Our solace is music..and our trusty hifi.. I think if four legs found these usb cables to be a surprising improvement!  im sure he is over the moon! Anybody would be who is a hifi fiend! Tread carefully sir you stomp on my little bit of happiness...i think yeats said that.. Lol

50 minutes ago, MotherSky said:

Also goes really well with a glass of Tokaji (I prefer the 5 puttonyos)  - cheese and wine thread drift is a definite step in the right direction...

or a nice and very highly regarded Portuguese Moscatel, especially from the Setubal region, music to my ears in fact