t1no

What did you buy during (or saving for after) lock-down??

Posted (edited)

I don't necessarily have more time on my hands during lock-down to make non-essential purchases, but I did end up falling for one of these.

Hope it works ok when it arrives otherwise it will be a £10 book-end / curio.

st80f.jpg.e6d4276749ebd2c14e06badebc94957c.jpg

Edited by t1no
  • Like 4

That's a curious (and not unpleasant) looking thing, but for a tenner it's worth a punt I'd say.

I've mainly bought records and CDs rather than kit, although a new arm is waiting to be fitted to my TT when I have a day spare to do the job 9_9 At the moment the garden is taking most of my time, and when it's not, I'm doing online training courses to keep my brain active during furlough. At least I've got a half-decent tan this year, thanks to lockdown!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Super Wammer

And this is the arm that replaced the one Jules now has. In addition during lock down besides far far to many lps and some CDs I've also, bought an Ariston RD80SL, a Jolida glass fx dac, a spare RD80SL plinth, a Townsend Elite Electronic Industries battery head amp, and a Mk1 Marantz CD63 SE. 

Let's just say my wallet is in A&E at the moment and possibly headed for ICU if this don't end soon. 

15864613748314523860167832687976.thumb.jpg.c31ff900a67172fdc4655dded0a51642.jpgIMG_20200415_201351.thumb.jpg.d1008b6dd8cea1ccce4746ca6cf2ca0f.jpgIMG_20200415_201311.thumb.jpg.8dd6ee47a121f88f34d20ddfb4fc41ab.jpg15878067344421012826722431179898.thumb.jpg.13f819aa046490dd7b22e2077d98a85f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

SJS Arcadia Model 1.5 pre and a BlueSound Node 2i. 

Philip 65 in Tv and a 5.1 av amp..

Thats enough.

Well im spying a TT on Ebay even though i have 2 Lps:sucks:

Edited by Lee M
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Having been after a KONDO Overture for many years, I simply couldn’t resist! 

4549AD89-1EFA-42EA-B8B2-56E0F1464DB4.jpeg

85B67AB4-56BE-4939-80AB-118635765AF0.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Townshend Isolda speaker cable, Kona 853 frame, shiny new gold knobs for the AI500, spares for bike rack, bits to build a touring bike on a Columbia 531 frame.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I was all geared up to buy the bits and bobs required to 'pimp' my Node2.

The recent thread, you know the one, got me all enticed early on, I thought this would be a great project. A little bit of DIY with the hardware, a couple of different power supply options to try and a bit of a write up at the end.

But the thread went on, and on, and on and, frankly I just ended up being bored by it all.

So right now, nothing. Later, we shall see. 

• Like 4

Bought some Sennheiser HD700 cans.

Also agreed to buy an extra pair of speakers, although am being delayed due to lockdown, so no chance to pick em up yet... but hopefully soon as things relax more.

• Like 1

Johnnie of Audio Origami now has a titanium arm tube upgrade for the PU7 tonearm so FOMO may get the best of me.

• Like 2

Super Wammer

Sold quite a few interconnects and my Trichord DAC and replaced all my interconnects with quad core Mogami.  With spare time in between video meetings & conferences I've been able to replace & re route multiple speaker cables and make my Sound Organisation rack more like a piece of furniture.  

Deoendimg on how long we are now locked down I've plans to replace my main rack with one using reclaimed scaffold planks & slate and start on the final layer of enclosure around my Volt 18" bass speakers.

• Like 2

I bought a used Bluesound Node 2. It’s works really well and has achieved what I wanted which was to not have to have the computer streaming music, now I can control it with my iPad. Also Deezer works much better on a streamer than a desktop computer, they have several problems they are trying to resolve with that. So far everything is working well and I’m considering doing an upgrade. Yes that thread has gone a bit pear shaped. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Another bel canto pre 3 and a bel canto ref 500s . And ordered a new psu from custom hi fi cables  

• Like 2

This tt and psu

49931214107_503a34af0a_c_d.jpg

• Like 5