t1no

What did you buy during (or saving for after) lock-down??

1 hour ago, MGTOW said:

I was all geared up to buy the bits and bobs required to 'pimp' my Node2.

The recent thread, you know the one, got me all enticed early on, I thought this would be a great project. A little bit of DIY with the hardware, a couple of different power supply options to try and a bit of a write up at the end.

Just do it but keep quiet about the results unless they are revelatory, in which case tell us all

• Like 1

Nowhere near as much excess time as I'd anticipated, so at the start I accumulated loads more components, cases and bits to add to the Everest-size mountain I already had. I've built a few oddments and am part way through far too many more, but I'm selling off a few bits because I'm running out of space.

Out of the 'buy not build' stuff, a lorry load of LPs and replacement cartridge so far.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rabski said:

Nowhere near as much excess time as I'd anticipated........

I've found the same - I don't know where the time goes.

Just before lockdown I bought a used Linn Majik Exaktbox-i to drive centre and surround speakers. Replaced Audioquest ethernet cables with some from Blue Jeans Cables.  Replaced a Pro-Ject DAC Box USB (sold) and Pro-Ject Stereo Box Phono (still for sale) with an ex-demo Linn Sekrit DS. Also in the process of replacing a 20 year old Marantz RC5000 programmable remote handset with a Logitech Harmony Elite and today I should be getting a new Netgear GS108 unmanaged switch.  I've been buying used DVDs, new CDs and plenty of downloads too - no point having all the hardware without something to play on it B|

Purchased 'Cream live' and 'Cream live 2', Hawkwind- 'Warrior on the edge of time' -all LP's and a Vaughan Williams CD box set.

2 x Mark Grant DSP 2.5 mains cables and a Sovtek 12AX7LPS- which is very nice sounding valve for buttons.

Justified these purchases by saving fuel money from not going to work.....:D

2 minutes ago, Tarzan said:

Justified these purchases by saving fuel money from not going to work.....:D

Exactly ... my fuel saving has been quite substantial ... so I feel quite ok blowing a meagre tenner on my lockdown purchase.

• Like 2

A couple of records, a S/h  AN Oto and now trying out some A23 speaker cables which will probably be staying! 

Was hoping to have changed my speakers by now, but because of you know what, not been possible, so bought the Luxman DA 06 DSD DAC and now my mind keeps going back to speakers!

Mac

Bought a couple of things actually, firstly a Wyred 4 Sound Intimo dac/ pre amp/ headphone amp combo and then some new headphones to go with it , some Shure SRH 1840. Lockdown has been quite expensive, but then again I did sell a Linn power amp, Fidelity Audio pre amp and some AVI speakers so all in all I'm about even :D

I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD650s to keep my wfh neighbours and OH happy. And a few records.

Posted (edited)

A B&O Beogram CDX - B&O's very first CD player. See here: https://beocentral.com/beogramcdx

I've wanted one for years but the first I bought a long time ago had been horribly bodged beyond salvation internally, and the second bought as a non-worker from the Audiojumble had a dead laser. Hopefully third time lucky!

Oh, yes, and a 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 V8 Supercharged...

Edited by Beobloke

Having sold on my Mactone power amp I have downsized to this for my second system.Its far from a downsize in sound quality ,rather a big improvement with my Tannoys.

5E31C6C1-4DCB-4532-B392-15EF0866CD4C.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2020 at 17:19, t1no said:

I don't necessarily have more time on my hands during lock-down to make non-essential purchases, but I did end up falling for one of these.

Hope it works ok when it arrives otherwise it will be a £10 book-end / curio.

st80f.jpg.e6d4276749ebd2c14e06badebc94957c.jpg

Looks my £10 "bargain" has a little more than I bargained for ... 1 broken power switch ... probably damaged in transit ...

oh well job for the weekend ...

20200528.jpg.c089ecde1459e48f39dff8d39a6c9800.jpg

Edited by t1no