Amrik

WTD : PS Audio Regenerator

I have a black P5 for sale. Full service and new screen from the distributor and not used since...

Not sure of age; I bought from Criterion Audio as used item.

service made it virtual new inside at cost of 900.00.

Posted (edited)

Just had a look at the specs and seen that you can only plug one power amp in. I have monoblocks. I suppose I could use it with only the preamp and source components....

I will have a think about it .

How much are you looking for to include delivery to Birmingham? 

Thanks, 

Amrik

Edited by Amrik

It can run a whole system - in theory -  but depends on what your monoblocks etc are. I bought it to run one component.

it’s useful if you have over-voltage.. for example last couple of days I’ve been at 242v where I am.

personally I would only use one of these to run front end stuff.

12 hours ago, Amrik said:

Just had a look at the specs and seen that you can only plug one power amp in. I have monoblocks. I suppose I could use it with only the preamp and source components....

I will have a think about it .

How much are you looking for to include delivery to Birmingham? 

Thanks, 

Amrik

It's not always advisable to run amplifiers off a regenerator as they have a tendency to reduce the performance. Generally best used on source kit.

What's different about the PS Audio regen. compared to much cheaper units like the Power Inspired?

On 26/05/2020 at 09:04, mr.me said:

It's not always advisable to run amplifiers off a regenerator as they have a tendency to reduce the performance. Generally best used on source kit.

I’m using PSA Power Plant Premier regenerator to power my whole system to great effect with no reduction in dynamics or bass impact. Regenerator can be used to power power amps as long as the amp is within its range 

Posted (edited)

:)

Having owned them all at one time - Power Inspired close but the PS better - Purepower best of the lot but also not cheap.

And agree - best not use with power amps. (Edit - re power amps - exercise caution - depends on he amp)

Edited by Martha's dad
addition

3 hours ago, blackhawk6969 said:

I’m using PSA Power Plant Premier regenerator to power my whole system to great effect with no reduction in dynamics or bass impact. Regenerator can be used to power power amps as long as the amp is within its range 

Fair enuff, but try taking your amp(s) out of the regen and plug them directly into your wall socket and re-evaluate. Worth a try just to be sure as if you are still using the Gamut I think that it likes a lot of current.

2 hours ago, Martha's dad said:

:)

Having owned them all at one time - Power Inspired close but the PS better - Purepower best of the lot but also not cheap.

And agree - best not use with power amps. (Edit - re power amps - exercise caution - depends on he amp)

Did you use the latest PI 1500S? This was a step up from their original units

7 minutes ago, mr.me said:

Did you use the latest PI 1500S? This was a step up from their original units

No - my experience is some while ago! So bow to better informed :-)