Sign in to follow this  
Non-Smoking Man

Flat racing 2020

Excellent day's racing today - Sunday.

Tis Marvellous has a length to find with the filly Liberty Beach and is only 1lb better off - but ut was coming off a lay off that day and Libert beach had already had a run. Also Clive Cox can do no wrong at the moment. Worth a punt at 15. Kirby is not my favourite jockey but he gave Limato a peach and I think he will wait and wait praying for an opening.

Hoping Mishriff can put it up to the french in the Diane - I have 10/1. Down to sixes.

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man

John Gosden only needs to send one horse to get a group winner! Allez Mishriff!

Jack NSM

2 50 Doncaster 7F Handicap.

Stoute has the favourite and he is a lightly raced 3 year old off the same mark as when  4th in a 0-90. Market Rival is harrison Point 9th in a hot race at Royal Ascot but back a furlong in trip.

Bigger priced, and less obvious is Magical Max who is not guaranteed to stay the seventh furlong here, but whose sessonal debut form has been franked by Royal Context who won next time, Garsman who has won and ,in particular, Dancin inthe street  who was a neck in front of MM and then ran third to Art Power at Ascot, carrying 5lb over its true handicap mark.

I'm on Magical Max.

I had £14 Fancy Blue at an average of 14.5 for our Oaks. Donnacha withdraws it. Goes and wins in France..Great! Still my judgement cant be far out..

Jack

Hoping that Anythingtoday will outrun its price in the 3 15 at Haydock. This is all about how good the Scarlet Dragon race at Ascot is (D of E  Haandicap) and whether the pair Le Don De Vie and Indianapolis can perform back 2 furlongs in trip. It wasnt very good on time. So I have picked a horse that seems not to have the class but it did finish in front of the Epsom winner Sky Defender last time out over 1.25m. Needs to stay 1.5m today.

This will tell me whether Roger Fell, the trainer knows his stuff.

Jack

Ive decided to have a break from this thread for reasons Ive given above.

But I'm desperate to go out in style - the market at Ayr in the 1 40 sprint handicap is all about Fortamoor but I like Quick Look @ 11/1 on the Exchanges.

Jack

Sorry to see you taking a break, but as I'm going abroad soon it would seem a good time. Good luck with your future bets.

Parting shots  David:

1. Lay Highest Ground in the Group 2 @ York. (it may be a Group 2 horse but hasnt proved it and the time at Haydock indicates its got to improve considerably to beat the likes of Cormorant who has won a Group3, Juan Elcano who wasnt disgraced in a Classic and the promising Thunderous who comes out a similar horse through Waldkonig and Volkan Star and is 7/1.)

2. I like Pass The Vino to repeat his win in this race last year. (Second race at Newmarket (July)) He was hoisted 6lbs for that and I think they have spent a year working that penalty off to aid a victorious return. If connections can pull this off then hats off to them.

Jack