Ian

The 'Wam during Lockdown

Posted (edited)

I'd just like to say now we seem to be moving towards easing Lockdown (I think !) that I've really enjoyed it here over the past weeks. I'd drifted away of late because the hobby in terms of changing things eased for ages but it's been great to re-connect. I've had some great responses and PMs to the post I did recently asking about sourcing of some Harbeths I was after, with a great result. Done a review which I've never done before and really enjoyed that. Just really quickly sold some stuff because I wanted some other stuff in a different colour. Exchanged a few PMs with folk I've not chatted with for ages.

And there's been some great threads. Some on my favourite subject (yup, Harbeths !) and some with some great photos. Bottom line, I think most of us have been looking for sources of positive connection during this very strange time and we've achieved that in spades and had some laughs.

It seems forever ago that the 'Wam show was cancelled and how strange that was at the time. My word what was to follow ! I'll be there next year, that is without doubt.

So I raise a glass to the 'Wam, it's members and the poor long suffering mods :pint:

I did warn you that this was going to be woolly and fluffy !

Edited by Ian
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 4

Yes , thank goodness we have forums like the wam, they are a life saver  

• Upvote 1

Fully agree with you. I’d drifted away from the Wam and it’s been good to be back during all of this and a welcome escape. 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Yes I very much agree Ian. Been away for a bit and now back playing and spending!! Haha. Evening got my soldering iron out and hificollective was surprised to see me ordering parts almostly on a daily basis

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

The thing that has been nice in here during the lockdown is that on the whole I have noticed a reduction in acrimonious comments and arguments.    

We have had the light hearted and some serious and generally much more constructive input.   Long may that continue.

Love you guys .. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, greengoblin said:

.Evening got my soldering iron out and hificollective was surprised to see me ordering parts almostly on a daily basis

What are you building, he says nosily :)

• Like 1

Super Wammer

Fiddling, hopefully upgrading 😅

ive a phonostage from China originally sent to me by my friends husband who works as engineer for NAD and a hifi enthusiast. He checked it over and modified it a bit. Sent to me as a gift after sorting him a Thorens 160

ive just changed all the coupling caps to clarity CSA and some mundolf for power supply. Wires changed to some 47 labs wire I had lying around

It certainly helped me pass some time 🤣

C10F4B0C-DEA3-4337-BB73-45DFA6BC1910.jpeg

35 minutes ago, greengoblin said:

Fiddling, hopefully upgrading 😅

ive a phonostage from China originally sent to me by my friends husband who works as engineer for NAD and a hifi enthusiast. He checked it over and modified it a bit. Sent to me as a gift after sorting him a Thorens 160

ive just changed all the coupling caps to clarity CSA and some mundolf for power supply. Wires changed to some 47 labs wire I had lying around

It certainly helped me pass some time 🤣

C10F4B0C-DEA3-4337-BB73-45DFA6BC1910.jpeg

Very interesting Leon but to be honest I'm still drewling over that Shindo !! Everything else pales by comparison :D

Super Wammer

Haha. Shindo for me has the ultimate in marketing. Hand built by some non English speaking Japanese legend with no real technical support. Built with NOS (ie. old out dated parts), allegedly all tuned by master ears so please don’t you dare touch or modify it. Cult following who believes in certain wires, certain Garrard 301 table and certain spu. 

yup I bought into all of it and handed over hard earn cash in a brainless manner. It sounds great but I was brainwashed to think that way 🤣

• Like 1

Super Wammer

All tuned by master ears .....if it's not been measured to death etc it won't sound right according to some on here :rofl: