How long have you been here?

Strider

I was a refugee from a forum long gone, Hi-fi Choice and then 'W*f*'.

I was pushed in the direction of a fairly new forum called 'HifiWigwam' where I now reside and cannot escape despite numerous attempts and find myself dragged back here kicking and screaming.

I joined up in January 16th 2006, when did you join and why are you still here?

Answers below please.....

• Like 2

I posted on hifichoice and joined up here a while before that closed. I didn't post for many years though as I moved between several rented properties with poor soundproofing which consequently weren't really compatible with hifi enjoyment. I'm more active now I finally have a detached house :).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Strider said:

I was a refugee from a forum long gone, Hi-fi Choice and then 'W*f*'.

I was pushed in the direction of a fairly new forum called 'HifiWigwam' where I now reside and cannot escape despite numerous attempts and find myself dragged back here kicking and screaming.

I joined up in January 16th 2006, when did you join and why are you still here?

Answers below please.....

I joined here because everyone is so knowledgeable...its really helped me..all this knowledge and so freely given!  I used to belong to mundo audio filo..that's was ok until it closed..i was at what hi fi forum..bear pit! 😠 its nicer here..moderation is better too..

• Like 1

How Long Have I been Here???

About 5' 4"....:)

I joined in 2006.

And why do I stay? I keep trying but,  you can check out but you can never leave....Couldn't find any Gwenyth Herbert lyrics as I know you love her music more than Portishead :rofl:

I have spent 16 years trying to find the exit door but it is well hidden.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Strider said:

....why are you still here?

Feck knows.

I meant to join a Ski Forum, but was doing some sort of stupid test and ended up here.

Edited by CnoEvil
  • Haha 4

2009 , I moved house and got a room to myself so wanted some info on speakers near to wall. I joined all the HiFi forums I could find at the time and asked the same question , WigWam was the only place that took any interest and I got plenty of replies . I didn't post again for a while but winter arrived and I had time to navigate the forum , you could really put your foot in it back then , say something out of place and you got lambasted , nothing nasty you just had to find your feet , well worth it .

The forum has seen big groups of members moving away and new members arriving , it's very different these days , I'm still here because I'm a Moderator , I like to keep the forum shipshape and help if I can , I just wish I had more buttons at my disposal but I don't own the forum , I just think I do :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

2009 , I moved house and got a room to myself so wanted some info on speakers near to wall. I joined all the HiFi forums I could find at the time and asked the same question , WigWam was the only place that took any interest and I got plenty of replies . I didn't post again for a while but winter arrived and I had time to navigate the forum , you could really put your foot in it back then , say something out of place and you got lambasted , nothing nasty you just had to find your feet , well worth it .

The forum has seen big groups of members moving away and new members arriving , it's very different these days , I'm still here because I'm a Moderator , I like to keep the forum shipshape and help if I can , I just wish I had more buttons at my disposal but I don't own the forum , I just think I do :D

I think you probably have enough buttons, it's the big red B**Hammer you stay clear from!:shf::D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Strider said:

I think you probably have enough buttons, it's the big red B**Hammer you stay clear from!:shf::D

Somebody gets banned everyday , nobody you know , spammers .

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bazzer said:

Somebody gets banned everyday , nobody you know , spammers .

Phew! Just for a moment I was having  20p 50p MOMENT! :D

• Haha 1

I joined when Jim started it, still hang around but not as active. It was more enjoyable, and way may unruly in the early days. The first few scalford bake offs where epic, some of the mad systems put together had to be heard to be believed. So did some of the hangovers on sunday morning. Cable threads did tend to be entertaining unless you where on the  receiving end. 

• Haha 3

Although my profile says 2008 I was one of the original members who came over from HiFi Choice which I thought was 2006. After a conversation with James he accidentally deleted my membership so I was away for a while :whistle:

I'm still here because despite the changes over the years it still interests me to come and trawl through threads but I post more in the music and photography sections these days which is predominantly where my interests lie now.

• Like 2

Started visiting 2008, and went to my first Scalford 2009, and eventually signed up in 2010. The humour and camaraderie is what made me stay, and although it has changed a lot since the early days, some things for the better, some not. The like minded friends I have made, and although we usually only meet up once a year, at Scalford/Kegworth, they are friendships I cherish, and this year made me realise, just how much I enjoy our annual get together.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, dudywoxer said:

I joined when Jim started it, still hang around but not as active. It was more enjoyable, and way may unruly in the early days. The first few scalford bake offs where epic, some of the mad systems put together had to be heard to be believed. So did some of the hangovers on sunday morning. Cable threads did tend to be entertaining unless you where on the  receiving end. 

I've been here since 2006. Some of the Scalfords were epic in many ways, and it was probably the last one that persuaded me it was time to give up the devils juice. Pointless to pay for a room when you're too drunk to find it. Bar open all day Saturday, so rock up early, get the system set up and go for it.

• Like 3

Since October 10th 2018. That's what it says in my profile.

I joined after the Linn forum closed for advice which has been readily forthcoming and very helpful. I enjoy seeing what other people are listening to, sharing what I'm enjoying and (re)discovering new music.

So thanks very much fellow wammers, much appreciated :).

• Like 3

Joined 2009 so my profile tells me. And a complete game changer for me. I still lurk on other forums but this one is home. Was looking for some solace in my hi-fi habit and put some feelers out early with no expectation of anything coming of it, but, happened to discover way more than I had bargained for and something very special.

From the early unforgettable bake-offs with Fred, Nicky and family and anyone who was a part of those. And a big time mention to Nial (ff1d1l) who was involved in those to my first Scalford as a visitor, which changed me again. To seeing the enthusiasm that puts the hobby in a different light to what I once thought, its up there with anything else, classic cars, boat shows you name it, to be honest better if you ask me, its been a journey. The first Scalford and continued events have been something. Too much to list really, but the likes of Greybeard, Bandit Pilot, Mavericks, MickyR, MF100s, Beobloke + (AND THE REST) excuse me if I havnt mentioned any, I could go on and on, just write the spreadsheet even. It really is something special!

And the organisers old and new. Even some hardcore visitors like your George's et al's, you know who you all are :) :^

• Like 4