lsegeorge

Has anyone dealt with springair.de before?

Greetings wamers

I am wondering whether anyone has dealt with springair.de before and what your experiences are.

I sent them a note this morning asking clarifications for an item. We exchanged a couple of emails in one of which I pointed out that in my view the item was overpriced.

They got unbelievably offended and started insults and threats...if you email us again you will have to deal with our lawyers and the likes.

I do appreciate that people working via the www have to deal with many annoying situations. Having said that I didn't feel that my comment was so offensive to begin with and to say the least I was shocked by the responses.

What on earth could you have said that would illicit a threat of legal action?

21 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

What on earth could you have said that would illicit a threat of legal action?

Sent in pm

Not sure if it reads ok?!

What do you think!? Maybe I was being an as....e?!

I never expected a conversation with someone in the hifi trade to take such a twist!!!

Last time I saw an over reaction like this a friend had questioned the bill in a cafe, so it really doesn’t take much. 

3 minutes ago, lsegeorge said:

Sent in pm

Not sure if it reads ok?!

What do you think!? Maybe I was being an as....e?!

I never expected a conversation with someone in the hifi trade to take such a twist!!!

The seller's response to you was indeed an overreaction. Quite bizarre, but we are living through testing times for retailers, whether bricks and mortar shops or online, what with disruption to to logistics channels, etc. People are more prone to fly off the handle atm.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FoxxCreative said:

Last time I saw an over reaction like this a friend had questioned the bill in a cafe, so it really doesn’t take much. 

Thats so true!

@Nifkin yes, the reactions, feel like coming from a person who is fed up!

Super Wammer

To better gauge the reaction what were the items and the price ?

@bencat its a pair of Spendor sp9/1 which are selling for 3.5k.

Obviously they're crazy, but I wouldn't bother about it.

They look about £1000 too much to me and you're obviously not going to get a discount from that seller, so I'd keep looking. Shipping to you (presumably in Cyprus) isn't the simplest, but there are plenty of options and some decent carriers.

28 minutes ago, lsegeorge said:

Yes I too have looked at this item and I agree the price is"optimistic"   !!!

Alltoo easy to say no via email.  However they were a nighty fine speaker

26 minutes ago, rabski said:

Obviously they're crazy, but I wouldn't bother about it.

They look about £1000 too much to me and you're obviously not going to get a discount from that seller, so I'd keep looking. Shipping to you (presumably in Cyprus) isn't the simplest, but there are plenty of options and some decent carriers.

So in short thats what I told them, they first called me a ignorant and then threatened to sue me.

I also asked the age of the speakers and they responded that they dont know...which is hard to believe for a speaker that was only produced for a couple of years.

On courier I am using eshopwedrop which has been very reasonable and reliable.

10 hours ago, lsegeorge said:

Prices keep going up. And if you consider the asking price for an LS3/5a, 3.5k is not that absurd. Selling used gear is their business, if they've set the price at 3.5k then that's probably how much people are willing to spend.

Great speakers, I am sorry I had to give up my pair... May even get another pair once I finally settle in my own home (again).

Not dealt with these particular sellers but anyone that says they are going to sue you and gets that angry over a reasonable enquiry is not to be dealt with, I’d walk away right now.

The irony of a dealer getting that upset about a price is when I think of the number of chancers, low ball offers and aggressive buyers I get when I list hifi on classified websites (not the Wam) If I got that offended I’d be living in the small claims court! 

Cheers 

• Upvote 1