Sign in to follow this  
Non-Smoking Man

Monarchy Audio repair?

Anyone know someone who may have experience repairing this brand (USA)? Knowledge of the importer (s) may be a useful starting point.

Jack NSM

I assume you mean monitor audio?

No I mean what I have written - Monarchy Audio (USA), famous for their class A monoblock amplifiers.

Jack

15 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

No I mean what I have written - Monarchy Audio (USA), famous for their class A monoblock amplifiers.

Jack

Apologies 

No problem, Eamon. :)

• Upvote 1

I got in touch with Monarchy Audio in the U.S. and the head of the company, a Mr Poon, responded with an offer of sending a circuit diagram providing he got the serial number and some other info about the amp to identify the model.

Iota-By-Design, whose excellent phono stage I use, have agreed to take on the job, so it will be sent to Lincoln, where they are based.

Jack NSM

• Like 1

Super Wammer
2 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

I got in touch with Monarchy Audio in the U.S. and the head of the company, a Mr Poon, responded with an offer of sending a circuit diagram providing he got the serial number and some other info about the amp to identify the model.

Iota-By-Design, whose excellent phono stage I use, have agreed to take on the job, so it will be sent to Lincoln, where they are based.

Jack NSM

Thats is a good result Jack often companies will never give out details of their units to owners only other companies . Having the circuit diagram will be such a help for the repair person as without it lots of time would be taken up with just sorting out the circuit and what should be happening were . Hopefully with few voltage readings against the diagram they can narrow down were the problem lies and find you a solution . Good luck hope it is not too expensive a job .

Andrew - just as I was about to get it sent up to Iota, Steve from the Redhill area (to whom it had gone initially) having a last look and being tipped off by me that it might have got a knock in transit (er, Hermes) , spotted a broken solder joint. Bit of solder, quick test, and compare with the good monoblock I sent up too, and job done! (For a modest fee.)

Hurrah!

Jack

Edited by Non-Smoking Man
  • Like 1

Super Wammer
37 minutes ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Andrew - just as I was about to get it sent up to Iota, Steve from the Redhill area (to whom it had gone initially) having a last look and being tipped off by me that it might have got a knock in transit (er, Hermes) , spotted a broken solder joint. Bit of solder, quick test, and compare with the good monoblock I sent up too, and job done! (For a modest fee.)

Hurrah!

Jack

Fantastic Jack it is always lovely when the misery of a failure can be recovered with a cheap and cheerful fix . I would suggest though that you still provide the serial number etc to Monarcy Audio and get those diagrams they will be useful for you in the future if anything happens , even more so if you sell the amp on to give to the new owner .

• Like 2